• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

narrowed 78 d44 axle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
i am going to sell one of my narrowed 78/79 d44 axles. i will not need two axles and may not need the other one for a few years when i can afford to buy an EB. the axle i'm selling is the one i had pictures of that i had narrowed. it's been sand blasted which has started to slightly rust again so I sprayed it with WD40. the axle is complete and can be sold with lock out hubs or a set of hubs from a full time d44 axle, non lock out type with the chrome caps. one knuckle has a bad tie rod hole. not sure if it can be repaired or if it has to be replaced. the knuckles out were not sand blasted. no backing plates, they rusted away. axle has 3.50 gears and is open. I do not want to ship the axle. since I now live in cape coral i am not up to date on all the shipping options around here.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Welcome to Fl., Bob. I hope the move is a good one for you. You are selling just the housing and the carrier, correct? No axles? That is also a high pinion also, correct?

Bax

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
thanks bax. the move went well. i had to fly back this past tuesday and rent a 5x8 trailer to haul my tool boxes, car parts and misc. house stuff back to fl. fo course the 98 mountaineer was still in ohio and it was what i used to haul the trailer with. i got in yesterday around 4pm. i had to make the drive from ohio to fl twice in 9 days. now i have the garage full of parts that i need to put away so we can park another car in the garage. the move went better than i thought it would but man was i tired yesterday when i got in.

I may be in daytona some time in the very near furture. maybe we can hook up and meet for the first time. an old co worker is going on vacation there and we may drive up to spend a day or two with him and his family.

the axle is complete from lock outs to gears. the only thing i don't have is a good set of rotors, calipers and a set of backing plates. i do have a set of used rotors. other than buying or shortening the one axle it's a complete axle. like i said the one tie rod hole is beat up but if some one really needs a good knuckle i will sell the good knuckle from my other axle and just replace it later but i need to get decent money for that knuckle, can't give it away.

i'm looking for a 4x2 SB ZF trans and i could use a 80 and up power steering box for the PS swap. I saved one of my 78/79 4x4 boxes for a furture EB and I have an output shaft and tail housing for a 4x4 ZF so I can convert a 4x2 ZF. may consider other EB parts in trade.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Did you have any luck with the 4r70w trans your friend had. Did you move the mustang.

OP
OP
Bronco73

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I did not ask about the trans because I thought you had yous taken care of. I did read that your case is or maybe bad? Do you need a trans now and if so do you want me to see if he will ship and for how much? I am going to call him anyways and thank him for the explorer efi and acessory. set up. I also got the zf parts from him as well. I will miss being up north, I could almost always find a good deal up there. now I don't know anyone!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
No problem, I can find what I need. I just diden't want to leave you holding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.