• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC Bronco Shootout April 27-29, 2007

nhopman

MEB will host the Bronco Shootout
at the Uwharrie National Forest, Near Troy, NC
on April 27-29, 2007

For information about Uwharrie and for camping/hotel information, please visit our website at www.earlybroncos.com or the ClassicBroncos Calendar at http://classicbroncos.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=75&day=2007-4-27&c=1

If you would, please respond to this thread if you'll be coming and how many will be with you, so we can plan for the cookout.

There will be more information coming about meeting places as the event get closer.

Hope to see you there, Nick

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
you can count me in Nick, I might be able to bring a few others...you dont mind if I include my group? I'll be happy to help out with funds or what ever!Chuck

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Hey Nick - any news on the shooting range? Is the trail work behind the range done and will the range be open?

dirtwheels

EB Shoot-out

A friend of mine was out at Uwharrie last weekend for trail maintanence with the US Forest Serv. He said they built up the dirt bank behind the shooting range,so the range and the trail behind the range will be open.

My69Pony

If I can get my Bronco ready, I may use this as its maiden voyage. If I were to come up on just the Saturday, where would be the best place to meet everybody (with room to unload from a trailer)? I still have several things before I am able to register my Bronco, but this will give me a goal to shoot for.

OP
OP
nhopman

nhopman

If you look at this map of the trails

http://home.windstream.net/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif

We normally meet at the parking area off of road 553 (the one located inside the Rocky Mountain Loop) This is the biggest parking area and has plenty of room for trailers. Since it's not registered, this would be the best place because you can be right on the trails from there. They have been cracking down on unlicensed vehicles riding on the roads.

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
If I can get my Bronco ready, I may use this as its maiden voyage. If I were to come up on just the Saturday, where would be the best place to meet everybody (with room to unload from a trailer)? I still have several things before I am able to register my Bronco, but this will give me a goal to shoot for.

I'm trying to do the same thing (too late for the meeting this weekend in Charlotte). Maybe we can colaborate? Need help?

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
If you look at this map of the trails

http://home.windstream.net/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif

We normally meet at the parking area off of road 553 (the one located inside the Rocky Mountain Loop) This is the biggest parking area and has plenty of room for trailers. Since it's not registered, this would be the best place because you can be right on the trails from there. They have been cracking down on unlicensed vehicles riding on the roads.

I'd also advise to get there as early as possible. The parking area will fill quickly since this is the area most of the ATV's use also. But if you do get it tagged before then you can also unload at the Outpost on Hwy 109.

My69Pony

They have been cracking down on unlicensed vehicles riding on the roads.[/QUOTE]

I guess you’re saying that I don't actually need to be registered to run the trails? If this is the case, I have a much better chance of being there.

OP
OP
nhopman

nhopman

They have been cracking down on unlicensed vehicles riding on the roads.

I guess you’re saying that I don't actually need to be registered to run the trails? If this is the case, I have a much better chance of being there.

That's correct. You will need is a trail pass (just like everyone else) but you do not have to have it registered or licensed.

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
To get to some of the trailheads you have to drive down the dirt road which is actually state maintained road. That means all traffic laws apply.

But since your trailering, if somehow the tag from you tow rig happens to end up on the back of you Bronco, I don't think anyone would know the difference. Not that I've seen that done or anything...%)

My69Pony

To get to some of the trailheads you have to drive down the dirt road which is actually state maintained road. That means all traffic laws apply.

But since your trailering, if somehow the tag from you tow rig happens to end up on the back of you Bronco, I don't think anyone would know the difference. Not that I've seen that done or anything...%)

That would be great, but i may draw a bit of interest since my tow rig has Utah Plates. Actually, i just got the Bronco back from getting the Trans worked on and it shift like new. I'm pretty sure it will be registered by then. I'm looking forward to seeing what the area has to offer.

Brian

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nick - Just made my reservations at Arrowhead Campground so mark me down as coming!

76bronc4me

Loc.
RTP
Out of Raliegh NC with a 76 and would love to join in on the fun and meet other bronco owners. I'm familiar with Uwharrie and would have a party of two = 1 bronco. Please send some contact info.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Out of Raliegh NC with a 76 and would love to join in on the fun and meet other bronco owners. I'm familiar with Uwharrie and would have a party of two = 1 bronco. Please send some contact info.

Glad to have you join us. Most of the info is in the first post and on the MEB web site. But if you need more info or want direct contact info then PM me or Nick -nhopman. Are you going to try to make both days?

Gary
MEB