• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NC - Uwharrie Trial Ride Nov 13-14

nhopman

Just incase some of you haven't been following the thread about NC Bronco Clubs, we have planned to meet at the Eldorado Outpost/BP Gas Station on Saturday Nov. 13 around 9:00 to do some trail riding at Uwharrie. Right now there are 4-5 that are going to meet. We don't have a clue which trails, but almost all of them are able to be run by even stock vehicles. The trails with difficult obstacles have easier go-arounds, so everyone can ride the same trails and the more modified vehicles can choose harder lines.

There is also a group of 3-4 that are going to meet at the Outpost on Sunday Nov. 14 around 9:00.

If you are interested, just show up either day, we'd like to see as many Broncos there as possible.

If you need directions to the meeting place, you can use mapquest.com and put The address for Eldorado Outpost to get directions from your location: 4021 NC Highway 109 N, Troy, NC 27371

For more info about Uwharris and for trail maps:
NF guide http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/index.htm
Map http://members.dialstar.com/ezduzit/uwharrie.gif

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Well looks like the weather man has forcast rain for tonite and tomorrow, but clearing out by Saturday. Think I'll need to pack a change of clothes and big mud tires! ;D

OP
OP
nhopman

nhopman

I looked at the weather earlier this morning and saw the rain as well. I was really hoping it would be dry this weekend. That place gets really slick and the red clay is a PITA to get off. First time I went it was really wet from several days of rain and it took me quite a while to get the mud washed of. Hopefully it will be just enough rain to keep the dust down, but not too muddy. Either way, I'll be at the Outpost around 8:30 or so. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the people on the List.

nysledge

Loc.
Greensboro NC
Just finshed repairing the front drive shaft and replacing the trac bar drop bracket among other things in anticipation for tomorrow. Did not get to test drive because of the rain. I hope tomorrow I am not going around in circles! Somehow and someway I will be there. Someone was going to bring a trailer right?

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
Hey guys how long is it going to take me to get to the Outpost from downtown Charlotte? Just need to know how late I can wake up ;D

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Thought I'd let everyone know we had a great time today on the trail. It's good to be able to put a face with names. Here is a tease of the pics. I'll try to load the rest on my gallery.

Attachments

• 102-0289_IMGa.jpg
    102-0289_IMGa.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 103-0311_IMG.JPG
    103-0311_IMG.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 102-0295_IMGa.jpg
    102-0295_IMGa.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 103-0309_IMGa.jpg
    103-0309_IMGa.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 55

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
Wow...this is nice...who's is it?

attachment.php

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Looks like a great time! Nice rigs too! I can't wait to get my back together and get out there on the trails. More pics...more pics! Thanks for sharing, seeing these keeps me motivated.

nysledge

Loc.
Greensboro NC
thanks

Just wanted to say thanks to all who went on this ride yesterday. A great group and some really nice and helpful people with a common interest. A special thanks to those who got me out of a jam. I now have my winter project!
P.S I have a warm garage and cold beer for those who are interested in restoring a slightly damaged Bronco.
P.SS The rollover was a lot easier than facing the Mrs. when I got home, and a special thanks to Brian for following me home and pulling her off of me.

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
That is BrianTMartin's half cab. It is a very nice rig. And he did get it a little dirty on the trails.

So Sledge you planning a work party in the future?
If its made out of metal it can be cut, welded, and hammered like new. But pride is sometimes harder to fix. Just let me know and I'll be glad to help out what I can.

Last edited:

BrianTMartin

Loc.
Surfside Beach
Thanks for the compliment. It is my 66. Definitely am not set up for the majority of the trails, but had a great time on the moderate. Really nice to meet all, and other than that one hill, all was good. Am working on some additional pics now and will post tonight. Also am in the process of getting a small mpeg of the "recovery" of NYsledge together.

Thanks again for "waiting on the little guy" on the trail.

Brian

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
Yeah guys that was a lot of fun yesterday. Much more fun than hosing off all the crud and mud I packed under the Bronco on the trails. thanks for posting the pics. Oh and I ran off with ?Chris's? (Blue and silver bronco) 2way without giving it back. Just give me an address and Ill have it in the mail ASAP. Next weekend, same time same place ;D