• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uwharrie in the Rain

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Love It! Using Broncos for what they are built for - you got some calendar pics there!

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
Yes, nice to see them getting used for what they were made for. Saw some bumps and bruises and no one laying out beside them having a coronary... Awesome! This is inspiration....

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
We used to go to Uwharrie regularly when I lived on the east coast. Great park but it has the slickest mud I have ever wheeled in when it rains!

jeffncs

Contributor
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Wishing I had stopped by on my way home from meeting @jimmyk for some more parts. I really need this first truck done so I can hit my truck next!

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
We had a blast yesterday! I haven't ever been in the rain. Mud was slick but dust was low and it made the trails way more interesting. The 69 did great and made it up most of the things the bigger broncos did but certainly needed a little more oomph to do it. Made it through the day and the drive home without and damages, just pretty filthy, I'd say it was a success. Thanks for being my copilot 4WHLFUN! IMG_3452.jpeg IMG_3456.jpeg IMG_3457.jpeg IMG_3459.jpeg IMG_3460.jpeg IMG_3461.jpeg IMG_3466.jpeg IMG_3469.jpeg IMG_3470.jpeg IMG_3472.jpeg IMG_3473.jpeg IMG_3474.jpeg IMG_3475.jpeg IMG_3476.jpeg IMG_3478.jpeg

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wow...I just realized its been 17 years since I wheeled there. The trails are looking a lot like those at Tellico when they shut it down....worn in to "canyons" or tunnels almost. I hope that retirement allows me the time to get some wheeling time in again.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
Wow...I just realized its been 17 years since I wheeled there. The trails are looking a lot like those at Tellico when they shut it down....worn in to "canyons" or tunnels almost. I hope that retirement allows me the time to get some wheeling time in again.
Tellico, as in Tellico plains in Tennessee?

Randy

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
What happens when everything is off limits and wheelers get pushed into smaller and smaller areas. Folks trying to close access can’t figure that out. More opportunities = less density = less “damage”. Visit Tellico today and you’d never know anyone was there. In the east the earth takes over fast.

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
What happens when everything is off limits and wheelers get pushed into smaller and smaller areas. Folks trying to close access can’t figure that out. More opportunities = less density = less “damage”. Visit Tellico today and you’d never know anyone was there. In the east the earth takes over fast.
You are 100% accurate about closures. One closure just overcrowds and overuses another. It is the same with hiking trails just as it is with 4wheeling trails.