• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Uwharrie trail rides Planned/Interested????

Bonco4Broncos

Loc.
Rockingham, NC
I am from Rockingham, NC and am interested in riding the Uwharrie National Forest trails this spring. I know some people in Broncs and Jeeps go by the house several times a year headed up there. I recently bought this old Pony and hope to be able to ride her some soon. These trails are in Central part of NC. Does any one know of any organized meets in the area?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
MEB and Carolina Broncos have held quite a few events at Uwharrie. Not sure if any are planned in the near future. Great place to wheel. Daniel, Kodak Rock are fun. You can cover the whole place in a day. Twice. ;D

It is really dusty if it's dry and it's really slippery if it's wet!!

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Carolina Broncos hosts a trail ride at URE every spring and fall. This year the spring event will be at Tellico. Check out www.cb4x4.com for more info.

Kodak is closed at URE and likely to never be open again.

Look forward to adding another Bronco member to the group.

OP
OP
Bonco4Broncos

Bonco4Broncos

Loc.
Rockingham, NC
I went and Joined the CB4x4 Forum. Thanks guys. After further inspection of the bottom side of my Bronco I think it is gonna opt as a trail machine. Not quite ready to put out to pasture but a lil to much to class it out. Maybe 2 more years and I will be able to find a nice one. Tellico is a lil far for me right now but will be looking forward to going to Uwharrie if they decide on a ride or weekend camp up there.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Just saw this. A few of us get out there regularly. Today was a winter workday. There will be one more on March 21. The trails close seasonally for the winter and don't open until April 1. One of us will post up on CB4x4 when we want to get out there and we will get it organized. You are welcome to join us or post up when you want to go.

Here's a pic for you chuzie. I don't know if yours will make it across :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 42

Bronco Biff

Contributor
You missed all the fun moving rocks today on the work day
I almost packed up and hauled butt down there this morning....kids games got pushed back to next weekend last minute because of weather related issues. Still planning on hitting the March day!!!