• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEBRASKA RESTORATION STORY: Chapter Four (Jus' hangin' in there)

OP
OP
Bronco Wild

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
Thanks Bill! You O town guys are coming out of the woodworks. Post up some pic's and welcome to CB. I will take you up on some help here shortly. Getting body work done on the 77' while working on the frame/engine of the 76', while selling two other Broncos (72&73)...and a Jeep Scrambler, running two businesses, raising a kid, and helping my mom through chemo has taken it's toll. I will take any help I can get at this point...sometimes I just need some motivation...

OP
OP
Bronco Wild

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
It's been ALONG time since I post any progress up, but I have made some!

My moms cancer took some good turns and we are now done with chemo and radiation. She's doing great and started her five year pill! My parents bought a new place and I've been busy helping my old man work on that but I have managed to relieve some stress and make a positive dent in the project.

Just an update, the 1976 that started this thread is now completely apart, frame and body wrapped under separate plastic cover and stored. That turn of events stems back in this thread when I found the 77...which turned into another restoration %) After the suspension and engine, I rebuilt the front end, brakes, ujoints, ball joints, new discs, etc, etc...Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post up all of the progress but I am going to try now that things are close to normal. During all of this I started another business as well, so I can't make the progress I'd like, but thanks to all of you that have helped keep me motivated, I AM making progress.

In the last week, I stripped, grinded, sanded, Marine Cleaned, Metal Ready, POR-15 (2) coats, then Tie Coat two coats. Getting ready for filler. I finished a crap load of welding and decided to POR the entire truck, not just the frame and inner fenders simply due to the climate and that fact this Bronco is for fun! So far I'm happy with it considering from a body work standpoint, I'm a total rookie. Attached a few pics, one being the POR, then tie coat. Have to order flares, rocker rappers and rear quarter quards, still haven't decided on a color and time is closing in

Bronco Wild ;D

Attachments

• POR Pic 1.JPG
    POR Pic 1.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 78
  • TieCoat Pic 1.JPG
    TieCoat Pic 1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 81