• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need 4r70w Part! Help!

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
So, I'm just about collecting parts for the conversion to the 4r70w transmission and go to get the adapter sleeve, pin and snap ring parts for the Advance Adapter 50-2704 kit, but they say ford doesnt carry the sleeve any more...

Ford # 391-231S Plug Pin
Ford # F2VY7B176-A Sleeve to keep the pin in the shaft
Ford # RC-388104-S2 Governor snap ring to hold the sleeve on

716057_WEB.jpg

Well, the reason I was buying the kit from AA was that I couldnt get it at ford and I thought they may have a stash... guess not.

Does anyone have the sleeve? I would like to either buy it outright, or borrow and reverse engineer it. I would take dimensions only, if thats what you could offer.

Primarily, I need the following dimensions:
Inside diameter
Wall thickness
length/height

Good think I just got done buying the trans, adapter, controller, etc... :mad:

Thanks,

Eric

Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Length and inner diameter are critical. Outer is irrelivent as long as it clears. Just need to find someone with a lathe.

Oh, and the diminsions would help too. Good thing is you only need 2 diminsions. I am doubt the length is super critical as long as it fits and covers the ports.. The inner diameter covering the ports is probably the most critical to get right.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I would also try a few different Ford dealers and maybe some tranmission shops. This isn't a AA only thing, it's a kit designed by Ford to mix and match the shafts for different applications.

Eric, I need to stop by and shoot the BS with you. I work in Simi (next door to Costco) and live in Chatsworth so it should be an easy thing to set up.

Have you tried Richard on the So Cal Broncos list? He use to (or maybe still does) work at a Ford service center, he may e able to dig something up.

Dan

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Local trans. shop is we where get ours....

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
I would also try a few different Ford dealers and maybe some tranmission shops. This isn't a AA only thing, it's a kit designed by Ford to mix and match the shafts for different applications.

Eric, I need to stop by and shoot the BS with you. I work in Simi (next door to Costco) and live in Chatsworth so it should be an easy thing to set up.

Have you tried Richard on the So Cal Broncos list? He use to (or maybe still does) work at a Ford service center, he may e able to dig something up.

Dan

Yeah, let me know when you to come by...

I have been to Galpin and Simi Ford so far. I think I am either going to tear apart a AODE or make something.

tasker - if you have a source. I'll pay you to get one for me... %)

Eric

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
try Jim at 860-633-9111 Basal's trans.....he's a Bronco Brother as well!

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Just got off the phone with AA again and they found one on a shaft somewhere in the back of the shop. He says it isnt pretty, but it should work.... We'll see what I get. It's a starting point anyways.

Thanks for the replies, I'l let you know how it looks.

Eric

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
Eric,

I have a VHS video for rebuilding the 4R70W. It helped allot to make sure the pin is put in to the right hole. Let me know if you need it.

Dan

OP
OP
E

EricLar80

Bronco Guru
Eric,

I have a VHS video for rebuilding the 4R70W. It helped allot to make sure the pin is put in to the right hole. Let me know if you need it.

Dan

Yeah, I would be interesting in seeing it - just gotta find a VHS player now... %)

RustyNutz

Loc.
Coos Bay
Eric,

Dan

Do you have a picture of which hole it goes in? AA kit comes with absolutely no instructions.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i just went on aa's site two weeks ago and ordered the kit, came in about a week later.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah i realized that after i posted. but for everybody else they do have the kit now.