• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need a floor shifer that will run both NNS and reverse lights

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Hurst Pro-matic 2 is one. Works fine for my street truck, but wouldn't advise for a trail rig. It's not shift friendly when needing to rock a vehicle between reverse and drive.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The stock NSS/reverse switch is mounted on the C4. Changing shifters will not affect its operation. If you don't have a stock switch you can add one and use whichever shifter you want.

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
The stock NSS/reverse switch is mounted on the C4. Changing shifters will not affect its operation. If you don't have a stock switch you can add one and use whichever shifter you want.

>>>>> the problem is lots of shifters including mine require you to remove the stock NSS switch on the trans to mount their adapter arm..... I run a pro-rachet with the reverse lock out removed & the neutral/reverse switches are now on the shifter itself..........

Attachments

• P6131522.JPG
    P6131522.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 22
  • P6131517.JPG
    P6131517.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 13
  • P6131520.JPG
    P6131520.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 19
OP
OP
mkaenel

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
I agree with the above post. Not all shifters are the same. My current lokar set up will not allow you to run a NNS and reverse lights. It is one or the other and I wan't both for safety.

Matt

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I think I would modify the original shift lever to work with the new shifter before I removed the NSS.