• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need a little info on buying a top

smorton

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
I have the opportunity to buy a top for my bronco, but it has something wrong with the passenger side. There is a gap between the top and the side panel where the seam is (right under the gutters).

I speculate that the side was pushed in while it was off the vehicle and then bent back out, but don't know for sure. The guy selling it got it from someone else and didn't even notice the problem.

Has anyone run across this before and if so how can it be fixed?

If nobody has run across this before does anyone know how the top and side are connected?

bannind

Finally I see someone from Boise, ID post on here - yeah I know I am new.

Wish I had an answer for you, but anything from me would be pure speculation.

GO Broncos
dan

OP
OP
S

smorton

Loc.
Boise, Idaho
Yeah, we are pretty rare around here... You are the 1st since I started using this forum several years ago. Stick around these guys are great.

I just finished up school so I now have some time to work on the Bronco. I am about ready to tear the whole thing apart to put a 5.8 EFI motor in it. Just got to get another car to drive in the mean time.

big daddy walt

Loc.
Barnegat
I have learned ,in the short time I've been building my truck ,that you should not buy inferior parts. If you're not happy with it don't buy it. Cheaper and better parts will surface.
Seems like every time I buy something without shopping around I find a better deal somewhere else. Just my 2 cents!

bannind

What kind of a motor are you running now? 6cyl? Let me know if you need any assistance with a swap (granted the only help I would probably be is comic relief). And if you see a primer red 74 limping around town with the top off, that would be my hooptie..