• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help need a little info on a Bronco

OP
OP
C

COSCAG00

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Me and dad are getting ready to tear it down to the frame and start from the ground up. It will be a little difficult as I live 3 hours away from him, so we are going to split up the work between us and divide an conquer.

I have my 3 year old son wanting to help build also, so should be fun!

Now to find some body parts.

As far as vintage, I can tell you that the vin tag is not on the kick panel as I looked there. I already have a 67 and that's where it is. Tried to open the glove box but was locked so I didn't give it any thought when I first got it.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
.......... Tried to open the glove box but was locked so I didn't give it any thought when I first got it.

Reach up under the dash and see if the glove box is still there, they were made of a composite cardboard doesnt sometimes last. You can either pull it out, if its falling apart and unlatch the latch on the glove door. I take it you dont have the original key?, which should fit it.

Also look in these locations:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83736

Location #1 - Your glove box door. It will be stamped (along with other info) on a metal tag that's riveted to the inside face of your glove box door. Since it's very easy to remove the door, this is often lost or even swapped with another truck. A smart inspector will look for the more permanent locations.

Location #2 - On later models the VIN is on a laminated paper tag adhered to the driver's side door post. (not the door itself, but the jamb)

Location #3 - Stamped into the top of the frame, on the passenger's side, right below the firewall. You can see it from the engine bay, but it can be hard. You'll probably need to wire brush off years of grime and/or rust to see it. Rubbing some chalk on the area helps too.

Location #4 - On early years (66-67) the VIN is on the driver's side kick panel.