• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEED a softer ride!!!

mcknight77

Loc.
Caldwell, ID
Maybe the leaf springs are installed backwards? Is that even possible? Maybe the shackle bolts are too tight as well?

That's definitely possible. Don't ask me how I know.

On the top leaf the distance from the shackle to the end of the second leaf should be longer on the back than the front.

White Knight

Contributor
suspension

great thread--I have the 11 pack in back and WH progressive in front. I have dual shocks on each corner-- I heard if you remove one on each corner it would help the ride--if so, which are best to remove the front or back shock on each corner?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
great thread--I have the 11 pack in back and WH progressive in front. I have dual shocks on each corner-- I heard if you remove one on each corner it would help the ride--if so, which are best to remove the front or back shock on each corner?

If the added shock mounts are at the same angle as the factory ones, I don't think it would matter which mounts are used.
I still have the extra added mounts on mine. I'll probably remove the ones I've added so it ends up being more like factory.
Also, I never did like the way I had to weld the front mounts to the radius arm caps and spring perches. That always looked cheesy to me.