• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need disc brake kit prop valve rebuild info help

OP
OP
69_Sport

69_Sport

I received the replacement parts from Summit Racing. I'm headed to the Great White North next week and will install and report back whether it works or not. Sounds like a fairly common problem. I hope this proves to be a quick and easy solution.

rmcmillan

Contributor
The replacement part from Summit fixed my problem. I like you had a new proportioning valve from Toms. I had spoken with Tom's and they were in agreement of replacing the defective valve, but with it being such a pain to install and the cost of returning the part, it wasn't worth the price. I had to do a lot of research in order to find this part. I actually spoke with Classic Industries who supplies this part to Summit. If this didn't fix my problem, I was going to put a plug in it and then put a separate valve for the rear brakes as Dirt Donk suggested.

OP
OP
69_Sport

69_Sport

I received the replacement parts from Summit Racing. I'm headed to the Great White North next week and will install and report back whether it works or not. Sounds like a fairly common problem. I hope this proves to be a quick and easy solution.

It worked! It took all of 10 minutes to replace the leaky valve with the new replacement from Summit. No more dripping brake fluid! Woo hoo!

If you are having the same problem, I suggest ordering the replacement valve and swapping it for the leaky one. While I agree that the vendor should stand behind this, sometimes one must travel the path of least resistance.