• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need elect tec advice

bobtail

Loc.
high in the desert
i have been working on this problem for many hours. please help. my bilnkers and hazard lights were working goofy. i had that problem when i first bought it. ti was the turn signal switch then so i replaced it this time. still didn't work. then i found a broken hazard switch and replaced it. after i replaced it the turn indicators worked fine for about 30 seconds until i turned on the hazard light switch and nothing happened except now my turn signals are goofy again. i found power at the hazard switch when the switch is off. the power is lost when the hazard switch is on.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm, sounds an awful lot like a bad ground or three, but it's too hard to tell at this point.

What exactly is "goofy" with the lights? What do they do?
And you know that when the hazard flashers are on, the turn signal position will effect them? And the brake switch too?
If you hit the brakes it stops the flashing altogether, but if you flip the turn signal I forget what it does.
And while the hazards will work any time, the turn signals need the key ON to work properly.
Here again, I forget exactly what it does when you flip the signal lever with the key OFF, but it's all messed together, so some "strange" things are actually normal.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I meant to ask for even more details. Like what year is the Bronco and what else has been done to it, electrical-wise?

Paul

OP
OP
B

bobtail

Loc.
high in the desert
i found the problem. it was two wires switched in the turn signal switch. i bought a good wire tracer. made the job a whole lot easier.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That'll do it! In both meanings of the phrase.
Crossed wires and good electrical stuff. More tools the better!

Congrats on the find.

Paul