• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need EXO cage pics

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
I also like how this rear fender protection is done. (Robert Warke's rig).

I like that too Kurt!

roksmurf

Loc.
Russellville Ark.
on a true wheelin rig I like a exo, there arent as many bronco bodys around as there once were, if they were plentiful id say bash it and replace it as needed, you can put a exo into a rock and basicly not worry about it, i beat the crap out of the exo i had on a toyota truggy and it served its purpose well. to some folks they do ruin the lines and just looks like ya are haulin a jungle gym around, but after a few wheels of wheelin extreme trails you might be glad you had one..

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
on a true wheelin rig I like a exo, there arent as many bronco bodys around as there once were, if they were plentiful id say bash it and replace it as needed, you can put a exo into a rock and basicly not worry about it, i beat the crap out of the exo i had on a toyota truggy and it served its purpose well. to some folks they do ruin the lines and just looks like ya are haulin a jungle gym around, but after a few wheels of wheelin extreme trails you might be glad you had one..

It's a huge confidence booster knowing you can kiss rocks and not get damaged. Makes the wheeling more fun and you can nerf off of rocks as part of your strategy. I love my exo and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I am thinking, why not make a bolt on removable one, on the street take it off, off road bolt it on.. just a thought..

sorry I don't mean to hi jack

but this is a relevant thought and i am about to launch my own removable exo-cage

I really like cobys exo-cage and plan on using his design to help build mine. however I'm only doing this to the front clip and windshield. the rear is getting tree huggers with an extended piece around the end cap and a rub rail

check these out: http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/ID-Tube-Clamp_p_1467.html

they're spendy when you need 10!

but if making a exo-cage removable did not compromise the function of it...im down!

I'm running protofabs front number and i plan on tieing into that, the frame, and the roll cage to make this idea work

any thoughts or ideas?

coby

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
sorry I don't mean to hi jack

but this is a relevant thought and i am about to launch my own removable exo-cage

I really like cobys exo-cage and plan on using his design to help build mine. however I'm only doing this to the front clip and windshield. the rear is getting tree huggers with an extended piece around the end cap and a rub rail

check these out: http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/ID-Tube-Clamp_p_1467.html

they're spendy when you need 10!

but if making a exo-cage removable did not compromise the function of it...im down!

I'm running protofabs front number and i plan on tieing into that, the frame, and the roll cage to make this idea work

any thoughts or ideas?

I like those links...nice!

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ended up building a detachable exo. Did a great job at the stampede even after rolling it two different times!

I modified jesse's 3/16 steel side guards by adding a rub rail & forming the end around the end cap.

I used the o.d. Clamps from ballistic to attach the rear exo to my rub rails.

I'm not a big fan of of the exo cage but having it while running die hard out at table mesa was an absolute must!

Attachments

• DSC02544.jpeg
    DSC02544.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC02559.jpeg
    DSC02559.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC02527.jpeg
    DSC02527.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC02520.jpeg
    DSC02520.jpeg