• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need Help Bad, Quick!!!!!power Steering Box

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Do any of you Gurus know of a trick to get the steelies ( little balls ) back in the worm gear on a 74 box? Im having a heck of a time. I know there has to be a trick to it. Thanks.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think one of the more recent Bronco Driver mags had a write up on rebuilding the steering box. If nobody answers very quick you may find some help there.

OP
OP
Flash69

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
I got them in. I guess you just have to show them whose boss. I had to get forceful with them. Ive got the box all back together now. It turns good and smooth and turns lock to lock so i guess it is right. It was fun trying anyway. Ill know if its right if i ever need it on mine but for now it is a spare. I might change it out one day just to see if it works ok.

OP
OP
Flash69

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
rlh1976 said:
flash69 how is she driving now.your other front end prob solved?
Wellllllll I did change the radius arm and it is some better but it aint right. I need to check the toe on it i dont think it is right. When i do that i hope that will help it. I had it right but i did some messing with it so i need to do it again. I did take it for a ride on the fourlane yesterday. I had to hang on to it but at least i did get to try it. It was so bad before i knew better than to get it on the highway. Ill keep plucking at it ..Thanks for asking. Thats whats great about this site.