• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help from you taller guys??

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
You know what they say: "Big Feet...Big Socks";D

I know I said "headroom", but as much as anything else, I want to be able to see out the windshield without having my field of view obstructed by the wiper cover, windshield frame, etc. Maybe I should just buy seats that recline and lay the seatback down for that East L.A. low-rider look. Then, I could airbag the Bronco, put in some hydraulics for bounce, buy spinners, a chrome chainlink steering wheel.....

You could look into the "view-finder" windshield frame from Wild Horses. Pricey, though.

http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/View_Finder_Stainless_Steel_Windshield_Frame_Complete/bronco_Windshield_Parts

OP
OP
apathy

apathy

Loc.
West Linn
Devin,
I considered the aftermarket frame, but it's pretty expensive (for what it is). I need seats anyway, so it's easier for me to justify.;D I'd like seats with decent bolsters and some lumbar support. Based on everybodys comments, I'll check out some of the recommendations, and hit the wrecking yards this weekend to see what's available. Maybe Boss351 is right, and Mustang seats will work for me. I had a 25th Anniversary edition and don't remember the seats very well.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's good to hear about Boss351's positive experience. Do you know what year those seats are out of Boss?
Mine has had both the '89 (high-back) and currently the '91 (slightly lower back) Mustang GT seats and they are definitely too tall.

No matter what seats you use though, if you ever have a hankering to put a big decal on your windshield, just make sure you put it at the BOTTOM instead of the top!
Otherwise, you'll be bending over, and still looking through your favorite brand's name to see traffic ahead.

Paul

TBS-POPS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
valley springs, ca
Procar Elites on WH brackets here. 6'2" plenty of room. The key is to get a reclining seat, does wonders for headroom and sight for the taller dudes!

backpain

Bronco Guru
I have Bestop Trailmax IIs on Bestop slides bolted to 4 new holes in the sheet metal. I had to shim them UP becasue they were so low the underside of the seat was touching the floor pan after the mounts sunk in to the bed liner about 1/32-1/8th. About as low as you can get - and the seat cushions are fairly low slung also.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
At 6'5" I am enjoying the Probe GT seats, Just modified the probe mounts and that lowered them even further.

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
6'5" my corbeau baja rs seats with corbeau slider mounts sit almost on the floor. I haven't driven with them in yet but I have sat and dreamed. Seem very nice

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thread refresh time,

I am having a heck of a time finding seats as well, 6'1", 225lbs. I test sat a rig modded with ford explorer seats and while comfy, it was definitely too hi, as in my head was level with top of roll cage...

I have measured everyday from Sunday the Baja XRS seat, and except for the back width which is as wide as 22 inches, it is a smaller/shorter seat than stock.

So the question, is anyone running Baja XRS seats with a cage as that seems to be the issue?

These are measurements off the stock driver side seat, I'll double check tomorrow

Seat depth at rear of seat from bottom of bracket to top edge of seating surface is 4 "
Seat depth front edge of seat top to bottom of bracket is 9"
Front edge of seat minus bracket is 6 "
Front width of stock seat is 22"
Seat back at top of seat is 19"

Here are the measurements for a Baja XRS seat, admittedly without brackets, but those appear to be rather stock looking at roughly 3/4 inch.

Base of seat is 3" hi, but side bolsters come up to 5".
22 wide at front, 22 wide at widest back, 18 wide at narrowest toward bottom.

And this is a suspension seat so you tend to sink in a touch vice float on top like foam. Also reclines.

4x4 supply said I could order, but no returns. Anyone need an XRS seat at a good price if it doesn't fit?

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
2009 Scion TC seats out of a junkyard. Cut the tabs in the back off and re-welded new ones to go inside and used the existing front tab mounts by just flattening them out. Perfect heigth for me @ 6'.

Seats recline and adjust up and down and the passanger slides forward when tilted forward. Couldn't be happier. I paid $350 for the set and thought it was a fabulous deal after sitting in aftermarket seat and looking at the price tag.

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 036.jpg
    036.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 78
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 76

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks, any chance you could measure the depth from front so seat to floor? Same for back? Width? Are those scion rails or stock ford rails?

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I did the WH Procar 2000's on the Procar brackets. Very low. I am 6' 5" and they fit me fine. Some suspension seats would be nice though.

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Thanks, any chance you could measure the depth from front so seat to floor? Same for back? Width? Are those scion rails or stock ford rails?

Those are the Scion rails. All I did was remove all the electrical crap from underneath. cut the tabs in the back and rewelded them facing inward, and flattened out the front tabs to work. Almost the exact same width as the stock rails too.

Call me @ 951-485-8474 around 530pm pacific time and I will get you the measurement. I wont remember if you don't. 'Joshua'

carmi

Loc.
Oroville
I'm 6'-2 and also installed scion tc seats. Excellent ride but still to high for my liking. Ran the Procar Rally's from Wild Horses for years. Much lower but definitely not as comfortable.

joshnjulie1

Loc.
Moreno Valley, Ca
Looks like the debate needs to change to comfort versus distance from floor board.
You will only truly be happy when you pull the trigger adnn get some seats to decide for yourself. A lot of money to get it wrong though. perhaps if you buy them from somewhere local that would allow a return if they do not suffice.

Hubba

Loc.
Montesano WA
Some may think this crazy but, yesterday I was at Cabela's and noticed they had a great selection of boat seats. Great colors and shapes. All low back but I prefer low back. Most had multiple mounting holes. Anyway I think I will go that rout.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I tired the corbeaus at 4x4 supply, word when I asked about testing them is once I order them, they are mine, no returns. They had models on the floor and I asked about using one of those and they said those belong to corbeaus, so I'm calling them and asking if I could use their floor model to test fit.

jmart52

I found a Pontiac G8 or G6 in the junk yard with real nice electric seats. They sit a little high but not bad. the problem is i have to be to close to reach the clutch comfortably. i may take the electric out and put a manual slider in to put it a little lower.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Im running 1st gen miata seats. Lowest I've found. Comfortable and. Cheap . the black cloth dries out fast too
Speakers in the headrest also

HB73

I'm also in the market for seats. I bought some used Solara seats, but they're too high and wide. I want to fit a Tuffy console between them. Anyone with the previously mentioned seats have a center console between them or know if there's at least a 8 inch gap?