• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help replacing headlight adj screws

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
I searched and couldn't find anything. I'm having the hardest time trying to snap these in? The factory brackets (held on by rivets) aren't the strongest as is and I have tried everything. Taking the black metal piece off the screws, pulling the white part out a little and then trying to insert into metal tabs. What am I missing? Seems so simple, put the square nut/retainer in the square hole. Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
mpboxer

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Alright just tried another way I didn't do before. I took the black clip off completely, slipped the white square nut through, then attached the clip again. Seems to work. Can someone confirm if this is the correct way. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 31

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks correct from here.
Where did you get them by the way? Had a buddy get some from us (WH) and had some trouble getting them in. Did another buddy's truck just a week or two before that, and had no trouble other than they were slightly loose (very tiny amount of play, and not an issue) but worked just fine.

So curious about yours before I call out the guards and see if we need to check our supply.

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
mpboxer

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Looks correct from here.
Where did you get them by the way? Had a buddy get some from us (WH) and had some trouble getting them in. Did another buddy's truck just a week or two before that, and had no trouble other than they were slightly loose (very tiny amount of play, and not an issue) but worked just fine.

So curious about yours before I call out the guards and see if we need to check our supply.

Thanks

Paul

Thanks Paul, looked on WH website and couldn't find them. Must have missed them. Got them from Toms Bronco Parts.

I think the problem was I was first trying to put both the metal and plastic part in the square bracket at the same time. After taking the metal off and putting it in after inserting the plastic nut it seems to work, but just wanted that confirmation. Their fit is pretty good. Not too loose.

Mike

OP
OP
mpboxer

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Got off the phone with Toms Bronco Parts. The entire assembly is supposed to go in the brackets on the grille. Not how I have it installed. They actually went out and installed them on a Bronco they had. The tech guy on the phone said he had to bend some barbs in and they were a bear to get in with a very tight fit, but they do go in. I'll give it another shot when I have time. Hope someone has some similar experience with these dang things.

OP
OP
mpboxer

mpboxer

Contributor
Loc.
Queen Creek, AZ
Update, couldn't pop both pieces in at the same time. Left them how they are in the above picture and they seem to be holding. Hope that's the correct way.