• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help...stryker position by year

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Well....we are in final assembly and i made an error. Got 67 door on a 77 tub. Obviously none of the latches i had laying around will work. Just money. But.....is the stryker position or anything on the tub change between years or just the door guts?

Thanks in advance.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Door guts and striker locations were the same on 66/67 and also the same on 68-77.

There are two different layouts. Anything from 68-77 will interchange.

OP
OP
N

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Door guts and striker locations were the same on 66/67 and also the same on 68-77.

There are two different layouts. Anything from 68-77 will interchange.

I just spoke to Jeff’s bronco graveyard

He tells me the striker location did change

Either I can reweld the door post or make a custom striker.

Open to any other feedback or thoughts

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The striker location did change. I said that in my post. They were the same in 66/67 and the 68-77 are the same. Two different layouts.

Exactly what I said seven hours ago.

Get the correct doors.

Not only are the striker locations different, but the shapes are different as well. 66/67 are round. 68-77 are oval. The latches only work with the correct strikers.

Last edited:

KBUCK1

;D
The striker location did change. I said that in my post. They were the same in 66/77 and the 68-77 are the same. Two different layouts.

Get the correct doors.

Not only are the striker locations different, but the shapes are different as well. 66/67 are round. 68-77 are oval. The latches only work with the correct strikers.
Actually you didn't say that in your first post. You had it correct in your first post. Your second post says 66/77 were the same

OP
OP
N

Nickm1024cobra

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
The striker location did change. I said that in my post. They were the same in 66/77 and the 68-77 are the same. Two different layouts.

Get the correct doors.

Sorry your first post didn’t make sense to me. Maybe state school wasn’t enough for me. We are fully painted, cut and buffed. I think my best option might be to have custom strikers cnc cut. I have a friend that could make them.

Just looking for some guidance on solutions.

Attachments

• 66FE2E2C-892D-45CB-B558-AC0E15F3E1DD.jpg
    66FE2E2C-892D-45CB-B558-AC0E15F3E1DD.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 19

Cortez

Bronco Guru
Nick, I can’t say I’ve ever seen a thread on here about making custom strikers to match early vs late design...so you may not get much input. Unless time is critical - i would sell the 67doors and get the later design...probably means re spraying the doors though. The other thing that will be “off” is the inside latch handle design...the later doors have the paddle in the armrest, early had a chrome lever, unless you already modified that. Good luck.

gick70

I seen someone rotate the striker,by leaving the one screw where it is and rotating the other and screwing where need be! A little hokey to me,but seen it done!