• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need help to wire intermittent wiper...

civilgee

Loc.
Northport, Alabama
I'm doing the conversion from vacume to electric wipers and all I like is wiring the intermittent switch. I do not have the wiring harness for the switch so I need your help. I tried unsuccessfully this weekend to figure this out (I blew a lot of fuses). Here are the prong layout on the back of the switch, I numbered each one so that each can be identified:

. \ (1)....__ (2).... / (3)

........................ l (4)

. \ (6)............. / (5)

Here is what I could determine with my electrical gauge:
Prong (6) is for the washer
Prongs (1) and (2) are for hot wires

My question is as follows:
Which prong do I attach the hot wire from the fuse box?
Which prong do i attach the RED wire from the wiper motor?
Which prong do I attach the BLACK wire from the wiper motor?
Which prong do I attach the WHITE wire from the wiper motor?
Which prong do I attach the BLUE wire from the wiper motor?
Do I have to connect the ground wire coming off of the switch?
What size fuse do I need to use?

Thanks in advance for your MUCH needed help. This little wiring project is killing me!!! I had to walk away from it several times to keep from breaking something (most likely it would be my fist that got broke. :)

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Civilgee!

Here is the diagram I made of my harness before I ripped her apart.

As you start at the top center plug (Red) & go counter clockwise you get this, Red, White, Black & Blue ( which are the 4 leads to the Motor). Continuing around you encounter another black wire. This is not needed if you have a 6 wire intermittant switch, so just leave it blank. Mine used to be a 7 wire, but I just pulled this wire out. The Green w/ Black stripe is the feed to the washer motor & the Orange w/ White stripe is the "HOT" power from the fuse panel to the whole switch assembly!

The motor ground to the windshield frame & the washer grounds to either the inner fenderwall or through the same ground as the headlamps.

Happy New Years!

MnkyBiz

Attachments

• WiperSwitchPlug.jpg
    WiperSwitchPlug.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
C

civilgee

Loc.
Northport, Alabama
I am such a dumby...I did not mirror image this over to the switch. Thanks for the help and I will see if this works. What size fuse do you use? 15 Amp, 20 Amp.....

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Uh, I haven't a clue! I plugged the wire into the appropriate slot on my Ron Francis Fuse Panel! I'll look at the fuse size when I get down there next.

Good luck!

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Funny thing, reading the centech install guide.

They say their wires only handle 10 amps, so don't over fuse!

Then why do they put a 15 amp fuse? I don't have a radio... :'(