• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need help with 71 bronco

OP
OP
P

paint.roper

he has a link to a bunch of photos from all angles and the engine and compartment look good. He said it was a rebuilt 351, but I have no way to prove it. The seats are ugly, but easy to upgrade. Do you guys think it would be a good purchase? If not, I will pass on it and wait for something else. There are plenty out there to look at.

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I dunno man, if I had to drive in socal traffic that would not be the bronco I'd want to drive. NPs are not smooth driver friendly trannies and that 351w won't get you the MPGs you'll want. To be honest if you bought that bronco I think you'd put another $5k into it before you get what you want. If you're in no hurry I say wait, just my $0.02

OP
OP
P

paint.roper

Ok, thanks a lot for all of your help. Guess I will be waiting for something else. If you guys have know of any that would fit what I am looking for, I would greatly appreciate the help.

ksbronco75

Contributor
dude you've got some money to spend. take your time and buy the right one. the flamer and the other one could be passed on for the prices. be patient, it'll be worth it. came across some money and bought my first one didnt really research or take time, got something i had to put another 2 grand in to get running properly and looking presentable. use all your resources on this site.

Use craigslist to find em, and this site it research em. look major cities

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's one that needs some cosmetic work, but some of the fancy stuff has been done already. That's no guarantee that it was done properly of course, but it's another example at least.

http://monterey.craigslist.org/cto/2391399223.html

And at $7000, or maybe less, you've got a few thou extra to put into it. Might be someone up this way that could take a look at it for you even.

Good luck.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
here's another one without the visual wow-factor, but seems to have some stuff going for it. Pretty rough, but with a lot of the bolt-on goodies taken care of for you.
If you're feeling like doing some of the work yourself, it might be better than the 10 grand for the others. Or it might not. At least we're finding stuff to keep you occupied for a few minutes though!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2395417661.html

And here's an honest sounding bloke. I like that it's a '77, but it's at the higher end of the price range for it's visual condition. Still, sounds like it's got the goods.
Frankly, it's described condition, it's add-ons (ARB's, low gears, other beef-up parts) are adding up to something that an off-roader would prefer perhaps. And with Hanson bumpers front and rear (can't really see them well in the pics), you're looking at close to a couple of thousand bucks new right there!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/2394610821.html

Paul

OP
OP
P

paint.roper

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmm, think I'll go look at that one myself! Not ready to pay 12 grand to anyone at this moment, but am intrigued nonetheless.

Paul

OP
OP
P

paint.roper

@Dirt: thanks for the links, I'm trying to find something that I won't have to worry about emissions with here in cali. So it needs to be 75' or earlier. I am not that great of a body guy, so I am more inclined to find one that has a decent body and I can do the mechanical myself. Ofcourse I wouldn't mind finding one that is ready to go, but I do not want a showroom bronco. I plan on putting her to work.

OP
OP
P

paint.roper

Normally I wouldn't drop that much coin on something, but I sold my jeep I fixed up, so I figure I can use that money to get a bronco, as long as it's worth the money.