• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need HELP

Shelton823

Checked the forums not anything specific. I have a 74 factory PS box. Apparently not rebuildable just got the bad news. So what are my options I would like something that bolts straight up as I have already spent money on a new steering shaft, saginaw pump and adapters. The shaft on the 74's were "star" shaped and many of the upgrades I have seen are square input shafts. I was told there is an adapter but have not seen it or read any thing about it. The most promising option I have found was from www.buy-steering.com they sell a replacement made by saginaw but again has the square fitting. I am running out of time as my new engine will be installed soon so I am no longer looking for a rebuildable core. I want something that is built strong and provides a warranty. Anyway looking for info here guys anybody have to replace factory box and with what. Also the truck doesn't need an exteme off road set up as the most it will see is light offroading and beach work. I realize there are many "upgrades" but as I said I am trying to save myself as much work as possible.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
STOP!! Before you toss the box, take a look at West Texas Offroad. They have a great reputaiton on the board, and can rebuild most any box. you can even have them upgrade to the tighter turn radius found in the 76-77 PS boxes. Ship them your box and see what they say--worst case you are out shipping.

There are several other option out there for PS box conversions, but none are bolt in unless you got with an aftermarket Bronco specific kit.