• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need some quick front seat help

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Hey guys, I removed my front driver and passenger seats to clean underneath and now I'm trying to put them back in. Problem is, the passenger seat doesn't seem correct. That is, rather than being bolted in the back two positions, is there supposed to be a rubber support on one side and a latch mechanism on the rear inside?

I've bolted the front sections of the passenger seat, the rear inside has the latch, but what does the rear door side do? It wobbles, which makes me think I'm missing something. Obviously it's not supposed to bolt or the seat wouldn't swing forward.

Anyway, I want to take it for a cruz and I thought you guys could help me.\

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Thanks justino...didn't realize I needed two bumpers for the floor. Anyway, that's just what I needed!

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Those aren't for between the floor and seat. The larger bumpers bolt to the seat back and the thinner ones bolt to the seat bottom. I guess you could say they are like shock absorbers that go between the folding part of the seat.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Oh...my bad. So I'm confused %)

What goes between the floor and the seat

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
There are two metal feet on the bottom of the seat that just sit there to level it out. The metal parts of the seat sit directly on the floor.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hard to see but I glued some rubber pads on the bottom of mine.

Attachments

• latch 001.jpg
    latch 001.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Thanks HC, I'm gonna do the same. As beat up as this thing is, I just don't like metal on metal LOL.

%)

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Half cab - I remember that photo! Originally used a few months back when I was asking the same question :)

Here is what I ended up doing, very similar. I found this adhesive backed padding for furniture at Lowe's. Cut it to fit, stuck it on and it seems to be working well.

Attachments

• IMG_1802.jpg
    IMG_1802.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Bronco Guru
Nice looking seats fireball. Guess I'll be hitting Lowe's this week. Thanks for that one.