• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need transmission shop in Boise

Flyfisen

Just towed my 73 from CA to Boise. Have about 70% of resto done, 351W swap runs great. My original C-4 is tired but I want to keep it. Any bronco lovers in the Boise area that can point me to a good transmission shop to rebuild the C-4. Thanks for any help.

Hultzger

Loc.
Martinez
Just towed my 73 from CA to Boise. Have about 70% of resto done, 351W swap runs great. My original C-4 is tired but I want to keep it. Any bronco lovers in the Boise area that can point me to a good transmission shop to rebuild the C-4. Thanks for any help.

How did you end up towing? I remember reading your towing thread. Are you relocating beautiful Boise?

OP
OP
F

Flyfisen

Yes in Boise for good I hope. Glad to leave Cali and it’s taxes behind. U-Haul came thru with an auto transport so I was able to tow it here with my F150 all wheels up. No problem at all. Funny though I towed my wife’s caddy on a dolly behind U-Haul truck and smelled like burnt rubber first time driving off the dolly. Read up I guess it’s road rubber deposited on the exhaust, burned off in a couple days.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
My Buddy in Caldwell recommended Capital City 208-323-5999

Also if you need any Bronco stuff John at Bronco Specialties is a good resource. He is in Boise 208-484-6435

martinphoto

If you aren't satisfied with Capital run by Idaho Transmission Warehouse. I buy my transmission parts there. I'm sure they can recommend a good builder or price you a reman transmission with warranty and they would be local.
Welcome to Idaho!