• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need your lift opinion

jimmymac

I have a 77 stock uncut Bronco that I want to lift Cut out fenders and put bigger tires on. After reading the FAQ section I think I want a 2.5" lift so I don't have to put on all the extra parts.The Bronco will be driven on the street not offroad. I need a soft safe ride. How would ya'll rig it ?

TN1776

Bronco Guru
How large of tires are you looking to run? You might get away with a 2" BL and fender trimming to run some 32-33" tires if you're not planning to go offroad. That would be quick and dirty!

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
If you want it to have good street manners I would do the following as far as lift goes.

2.5" Super Flex suspension lift.
Adjustable Trac Bar
Billistine Shocks
Cut & Flare all 4 Corners
change out the Inverted Y to a T system.
17x10" Rims with 33x12.50 BFG A/Ts
Front & Rear Addco Sway Bars

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I'd go with a suspension lift. Pretty much all the lifts out there ride better than old worn out springs do. A 2.5in lift from any of the venders should be fine. My 2.5in lift is a mix match I have skyjacker front soft ride springs and BC 12 leaf rear springs ride is very good. Way better than it was with the stock springs. I did have a complete skyjacker soft ride system and it rode better than my current setup but i broke a rear leaf so i upgraded.
I'm almost positive you can run 33x10.50 tires without needing to cut the fenders

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I vote for not cutting it, and having a LUBER. You could lift it a moderate amount and run 33"s.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I vote for selling it, buying one that's already cut and preserving a surviving uncut stocker......

Or building a LUBR as was mentioned....

jdamach1

Loc.
Tyler, Texas
I just went through this same scenario on my uncut '70 of whether to go with a stock height suspension or LUBR with a 2.5" lift suspension. After much research here on CB, I went with a WH 2.5" lift kit with stock rims and 30x9.5 BFG AT tires. I absolutely love it and it was the right decision for me at least. As some others have said on this board, LUBRs rule! ;D

Last edited:

Louie

Bronco Guru
Just put a 2.5" WH lift on my 77. The beauty of a 2.5" lift is all ya need is the front & rear springs, adj. track bar, shocks, flares, & a bushings kit. Mine flies down the highway straight as an arrow... 70mph with 2 finger steering. No bumpsteer or body roll. Lovin' it :D

CUT IT...IT LOOKS BETTER!!!!

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
cut it actually have fun with it. lift it and put as big as you can under it. Its only sheet metal and if somebody wants to later they can replace the rear quarters. I run 3.5 deaver soft rides and im cut to the body lines almost and am running 37" tires. the ride is great and the stance with 15x10 rims look great