• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need your valued opinions!!!

question on which frame to keep.

• Keep U-14 Frame and sell v8 frame

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • dump the u-14 frame and keep the v8 frame

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I've been kicking this around and I can't decide. I've got a half cab a mostly original U-14 (200 six was installed by a po). I've also got a frame that has v8 mounts, dual shocks mounts, wild horses radius arm drop brackets and it's been sandblasted and sprayed with POR-15 (by po, the por was thin so I sprayed it with Eastwod Company's rust encapsulator).

Other than a makeshift job on the front frame horns, the half cab frame is in great shape. The question is, should I use the half cab frame keeping the u-14 vin number or keep the v8 frame?

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I'd need to know what your plans are in regards to the finished EB. Are you doing a restore or a trail rig??

OP
OP
thesnake

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Daily driver, I also may end up in a state where the vin on the frame may become an issue of importance. It won't be a true restoration.

John

old bronco

If ya gotta smog and go thru another states inspection, you'll wish ya woulda kept the u14 frame.

OP
OP
thesnake

thesnake

Bronco Guru
One of the reason's is I had a pissy time with Nebraska dmv about a 66 half cab I had, they wouldn't let me register it as a 66, even tho it met the requirements to be registered as such. I just don't want any problems on down the road if I should move somewhere else.

John

OP
OP
thesnake

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Anyway, I encourage everyone to vote on what they think would be the best route. I'm having a hard time making the decision.

John

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
While I havent been through inspections. My opinion is that they would tend not to look at the frame VIN unless the vehicle VIN is questionable even then if you have all applicable smog equipment for the year of the engine. then you should be good. I hear they tend to look at engine swaps more than frames.

OP
OP
thesnake

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Anyone else care to make a stab at this? The more feedback/votes the better. TIA!

john

OP
OP
thesnake

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Well, I thought the poll and suggestions would help, but I still haven't decided. I think I'll keep working on both the v8 frame and the 70 for now until it's time I have to make a decision.

Thanks everyone!!!

john