• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Nerf Bars

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
Anyone know if someone makes a bolt on step up side bar for EBs? Either a single step or full length with step pad, not just a round tube?

Thx

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Smittybilt has their SureStep Nerf Bar. It's a round tube with a flattened textured step area. Nerf Step If you go to applications from the link it looks like it is only available in black for the bronco.

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
I've been trying to get a set of these Smittybilt nerf bars for a long time. Originally ordered some from Tom's Bronco Parts and waited for a few months. They called me and said Smitybilt were not planning on making any more of these for the early Broncos.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ONE OF THE VENDORS CARRIES THESE OR IF ANYONE HAS THESE IN STOCK??? I NEED A SET!

Thanks!

Dawg_enD

Bah! I would think a local welding shop could bend up something like that in in time. Just 2 bends, make a few cuts for a flat spot... I may have to get some like that.

Mad Dog

I believe Tom's bought out all of the remaining Smittybilt inventory of EB nerf bars when they stopped production. If Tom's is out then I think that's it. Better start checking ebay or the classified forums. I do know that the Smittybilt nerf bars came in black or chrome.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If anybody finds a dealer that has some sets of these please post it cause I would like to have a set too. Thanks, Sam

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
69patriot76 said:
Anyone know if someone makes a bolt on step up side bar for EBs? Either a single step or full length with step pad, not just a round tube?

Thx

Smitty Built make a "Sure-Step" nurf bar for the Bronco in Black, Chrome and Stainless Steel.

hth,

Mick

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
undefinedundefined

Okay folks... here's the deal. I called Tom's Bronco Parts today and they are out of Smittybilt Nerf Bars AND roll bars. I was informed by Tom's that they are out and not expecting to get anymore in as far as they know.

I also called Smittybilt today and talked with Sandy. They said their last shipment went out to Tom's last May (04) and they have shipped none to any other vender since. I asked if someone were to order some in a large quantitly, how long would it be before they could be made and she said May again.

***ANYONE INTERESTED IN SEEING IF TOM'S BRONCO PARTS CAN DO A MASS BUY FOR US FOR THE NERF BARS??? ***

Chime in and let's hear how many people would be interested. Those of you that need roll bars sound off too! This may help light a fire under Smittlybilt's a$$ to get some of these parts made. %)

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I'm in for a set, I also called Tom's about two weeks ao and Smitty Built today and they told me the same thing, the quoted me $305.00 for a set in black but I want chrome.

OP
OP

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
Count me in (of course) and make mine chrome.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for taking the time to look into this and make the calls! That is awesome!

Jeff B

Loc.
Wilmington, NC
Okay, I called Tom's back today and talked to LONNIE (sp?) and he informed me that they did not even get their order of 50 sets they ordered last May of 2004. Smittybilt told me Tom's did get their order but somebody is wrong here.

I asked Lonnie if Tom's would be interested in getting a mass buy and he said he would call Smittybilt and get back with me and let me know something either way.

He also told me that Tom is considering going overseas to get a cheap supplier to make them and keep them cost effective. I already have the Smittybilt front and rear bumpers and roll bar. I'd like to get some Smittybilt nerfbars to keep everything looking sharp.

Let's keep this going and see where it takes us!

Anyone else in for a possible mass buy?

fstik

I have a set of Smittybuilt nerf bars and I will post some pics of the mounts after it quits raining. To be honest, I am not impressed with the bars, they are made from some thin wall tubing and the mounts aren't that solid. They give a little bit when you step up on them. I purchased them from Tom's about a year ago.

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Since I'm new to this, I don't know what's involved with a mass buy, but I would definitely be up for one on this. Sam

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
fstik said:
... To be honest, I am not impressed with the bars, they are made from some thin wall tubing and the mounts aren't that solid. They give a little bit when you step up on them...

They are meant to be steps and just a little protection from car doors at the mall. The steps on my sons CJ mount to the frame and are sturdier.

Yet these do NOT interfere with the aux tank.....

I went with the bars w/o the built in step so I could add a clamp on step (a little lower u can see) for my wife. The plus is that they are easy enough to remove when you want to hit the trail.

Attachments

• Exterior1.jpg
    Exterior1.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 85