• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Never done this before,iam no pro!

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
Front/rear drive shaft conciderations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a complete spare front/rear original drive shafts.

1.They look in good shape. Is it hard to rebuilt these joint yourself to save money?
2.What kind of joints are suitable and reliable for a rebuild?

3.Does anyone have the part numbers available?

4.Does the double cardigan joint require any special consideration?

The slip yokes seem snug,not sloppy like my current front Driveshaft.

5.They have weights still on them.Can the weights help me to balance the drive shift??? or

Thanks for replying

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell it like it is!

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Smitty::
If the driveshafts are in good shape and in balance and phase use them.
Ensure the balance exists on the shafts any good shop can do this.
Change the Ujoints to the best you can afford. If you doubt your parts people Phone Don at Zelmore, he got me all my stuff at an attractive price. Clean up the double carden and fix if you have to.
You worry to much, clean them up fix what needs fixing and go wheeling!!!
TOFIC

OP
OP
P

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
Thanks stlkikin,thanks Walker949
Worry yeah.
I have not done any drive shaft work before.
The drive shaft slip yoke on popsbronco are a little warn.So i was looking to do up my spare,thats all.Winter projects.
thanks again