• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Never seen hood scoops like the ones on my '70!

JGZ

I had the tooling for something like this 20 yrs. ago for the broncos but somewhere along the way they disappered.Not quite the same but these look better..JGZ

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
70injectedbronc ,

Nice looking Halfcab! Welcome to the site, looking forward to see more of your rig.

Fred

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Had scoops on a '66 once- they were fiberglass

Attachments

• DSC05876.JPG
    DSC05876.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC05877.JPG
    DSC05877.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC05878.JPG
    DSC05878.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 24

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
I am no bronco or car Guru for that matter, but it would seem that facing forward would still give you a ram effect. Air is all around the hood not just what is pushed over the hood edge. It doesn't completely compress or for lack of better or accurate wording it accumulates at the windshield. I have used vents similar in design on other EB's as well as a host of other cars and race cars. For what most people are wanting them for they will work just fine. I know it is forward of the WS and wont be a completely accurate comparison, but the forward facing scoop on both our 65 coupe( just sold) and the metal scoop we are having made for our 65 fastback, pack a hell of a air punch) especially when we use the turkey pan canister. Just my unebajucated .02 cents....Mo in Clovis

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You used to see them quite often on Broncos in magazine ads back in the seventies. At least a couple of manufacturers and a couple of different materials existed.

I've always thought they'd work acceptably well either direction, but would love to see some hard data at different speeds of the amount of velocity and volume pushed through the vents with them on in both directions.
That would be cool...

Paul