• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Based on Subcompact?!?!?

Jason TN

Loc.
Knoxville, TN
Yah I seen the proto type pics. I looks very nice outside but they route they took for the drive train is very disappointing. They are bassing it off the escapes from what I hear. It is going to be front wheel drive until you put it in 4wd to engage the rear wheels. The only good thing I noticed was they are offering it with a diesel engine. I think its a perkins but not sure about that. Also going to have too much electronics.

I was very excited when I heard about it but very disappointed when I looked more into it. Proto type had a nice body though.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=17145

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
god, i hope they don't screw it up like they did the thunderbird! i was just starting to like the concept...

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
I LOVE IT!!!!

this just means my 73 is going to escalate in price astronomically.
Some mall crawler is going to buy a new one, take it out where it shouldn't be, (where real Broncos play) and end up watching the REAL Broncos play.
Then he will want one.
Maybe this isn't a good idea, prices will go up and I cant get my goodies.
Cancel the above thought!!
TOFIC

Cooter_76 said:
And I quote (from the Edmunds article in the link above)

"What this means to you: If you are young or budget-conscious, the Bronco could be a stylish alternative to such mainstream vehicles as Chevrolet's Aveo."

My only question is.................What the hell is an Aveo???

UGH!!!

Maybe someone should clue Ford in
:'(

1977 said:
And I quote (from the Edmunds article in the link above)

"What this means to you: If you are young or budget-conscious, the Bronco could be a stylish alternative to such mainstream vehicles as Chevrolet's Aveo."

My only question is.................What the hell is an Aveo???

UGH!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot..........How many young, budget-conscious people do you know of ????
:eek:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I dont know why they would even bother building it. I would rather have an escape and put my own bronco badges on it. They can get the mustang right why not a bronco?

sixtysix

Loc.
Manchester, MO
An integrated winch w/roller guides, Nitrous Oxide injection and 18" tires!!!!!!! Specs say 268mm ground clearance, about 10.5 inches. YA, I bet its going to be cost conscious, your'e conscience will probably bother you every time you have to make another monthly payment. I'll stick with my 66 and my newly aquired 74. :)

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
1977 said:
From the point of view of an avid 4 wheeler and EB owner, I don't like it at all. However, let's remember that Ford is a business and gas is currently around $3/gallon. So, given that, is it smarter to build something that appeals to a small group (us) thus limiting the market and sales, or to appeal to a much bigger group to have much bigger sales? That's a no-brainer for sure. They make decisions on what will sell the most and make the most $, and I think we all know that a solid axle, capable off-road new Bronco that we would want is not it. Sad for us, but you really can't fault Ford for going that direction.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
GJBroncoMan said:
From the point of view of an avid 4 wheeler and EB owner, I don't like it at all. However, let's remember that Ford is a business and gas is currently around $3/gallon. So, given that, is it smarter to build something that appeals to a small group (us) thus limiting the market and sales, or to appeal to a much bigger group to have much bigger sales? That's a no-brainer for sure. They make decisions on what will sell the most and make the most $, and I think we all know that a solid axle, capable off-road new Bronco that we would want is not it. Sad for us, but you really can't fault Ford for going that direction.

I don't object to Ford making smaller more fuel effecient cars, I do however object to them calling it a Bronco. It took a generation, but they finally brought the T-bid back to it's routes. The 05 mustang is more like a 65 mustang than anything in 30 years. How can they consider using the Bronco name for something like that?
The EB was a small nimble 4wd when it came out. It was also more of a "street" rig than the other 4wds of the time. I'm talking about a 66 with an 170 I6 and a D30 front and and uncut fenders.
A small 4wd like the escape ( with a less "girly" design) could remind me of a bronco. But a little 2wd economy car.... :(
Tom

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
Cool! Another pregnant rollerskate fo Mo to steamro.
22 tires , I should be able to get 4 or 5 at a time %)
What a turd :'(

Skipdevil

Loc.
San Diego
I agree with Walker 949 and Socal Tom. Ford is not trying to market a new kick ass off road capable vehicle. It is just too bad that they are using the Bronco name. I do think that this will keep the the value of our vehicles growing and besides, being able to customize your EB with new parts and accessories is what makes the EB so damn good.

Personally, I can't wait to see one of those new vehicles dead on the trail!

Skipdevil

Merlin76

Damn, that FJ is pretty sweet lookin.... For a yota anyway. I'd hate to see Ford turn the Bronco into a roller skate like the Aveo.... What the hell are they thinking?