• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Body Build From The Beginning**Will be at Super Celebration

Lon L

300 hours at $10.00 an hour I could manage, 300 hours at $40.00 an hour puts it beyond my grasp.

Awesome Build . That is top quality work.

PS let me add, I have no clue what the hourly rates are, I am speaking relative to my finances.

Hopstr

Contributor
Great job guys!!! What a lot of work to get it all lined up. Great attention to the little details. You think Dynacorn would have better control of their tolerances.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Wow, all that might be worse than working with rusty old metal. you did a great job. Will be an amazing brand new Bronco! Look forward to seeing it at SC in April.

OP
OP
Velocity Rest.

Velocity Rest.

Great job guys!!! What a lot of work to get it all lined up. Great attention to the little details. You think Dynacorn would have better control of their tolerances.
You would think that they would reconfigure the tooling that they use but I guess if people are snatching items up the way they are they are not really in a rush to fix it. I would spend double to have quality metal for a tub. It would save us time and undoubtedly the consumer in the end.

OX1

Bronco Guru
How much for the Jig??? :p

Seriously though, is the full metal body that I've seen on bronco
sites that bad?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Like OX says how does cost and fit compared to the tub Carpenter is seling for around 9k?

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Thanks for posting up the photos! It's a nice study in Bronco sheet metal art!

OP
OP
Velocity Rest.

Velocity Rest.

Like OX says how does cost and fit compared to the tub Carpenter is seling for around 9k?
Carpenters tubs do not come with doors, fenders, hood, grille etc. setup on the tub. The most time consuming work is getting these parts installed on the tub properly for proper alignment and function. Putting a tub together is the easy part but making everything work and look like ours does is where the hours come in.

klawrence

Loc.
SE PA
Guess you don't want to share the specs/dimensions on the jig ? I am beginning to piece a new tub together myself as finding a good tub in the NE is impossible.Just so I can confirm my measurements.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
WOW ... That's some fine metal work !! Did you try to fit a hardtop on it ??

just wondering about add man-hours needed !?

OX1

Bronco Guru
Nice work!!!!!!!!!
I spent 4 months aligning my doors and they are only about 90% spot on. If I got to 100% like this bronco I don't think I would drive it for fear of messing it up perfection. :)

OK, was door alignment really that good when these things were new? It seems to me these things were not built spot on from the factory (can take two seemingly unmolested factory fenders and neither one fits the same as the other).

I can see a market for a perfect bronco body, but I kind of have to wonder why you would start with a stocker for the jig that may have not been built that great to begin with. Was the jig modified after initial build.

OP
OP
Velocity Rest.

Velocity Rest.

Guess you don't want to share the specs/dimensions on the jig ? I am beginning to piece a new tub together myself as finding a good tub in the NE is impossible.Just so I can confirm my measurements.
You can give me a call at the office and I can go over things a lot more with you and also give you measurements you might need with pictures. There is just a lot more to building these tubs than measurements.
Phone: 850-434-6769

OP
OP
Velocity Rest.

Velocity Rest.

WOW ... That's some fine metal work !! Did you try to fit a hardtop on it ??

just wondering about add man-hours needed !?

The body is set to accept a hard top and is aligned for one in-case the customer chooses to go that route in the future.

OP
OP
Velocity Rest.

Velocity Rest.

OK, was door alignment really that good when these things were new? It seems to me these things were not built spot on from the factory (can take two seemingly unmolested factory fenders and neither one fits the same as the other).

I can see a market for a perfect bronco body, but I kind of have to wonder why you would start with a stocker for the jig that may have not been built that great to begin with. Was the jig modified after initial build.
The stock body is a lot better as far as panel fitment and door alignment than the aftermarket parts. If we have stock panels on a Bronco that we are restoring and we can salvage original parts I will use a stock set way before I put a new set on. The door gap and body lines have been off on everyone set of aftermarket doors I have ever used. If I bolt an original door up to the same body it is 10x closer than aftermarket. So the answer to this is yes originally the Broncos were not perfect but are leaps and bounds ahead of the recreations.
We built the jig to an original body but did make some minor modifications to accommodate the aftermarket panels.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
How many of those 300 hrs went into just building the jig?

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Wow. The grill is pathetic
Whoever stamped that out should be truly embarrassed

I can't believe you had to split the grill so many ways to get it to fit right
And the fender too it looks like

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
ps...im assembling a bed from scratch...any chance I could get some photos of the striker posts and tail light post? I'd like to see how you guys fit your inner quarter to those areas a little better than what you have posted.

Thanks

email ryanscottwilliams@hotmail.com or send them to my phone 616-617-7984