• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Driver poll

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
[quote author=h2o_dog link=board=5;threadid=17148;start=30#msg133051 date=1052883063]
I think there is a market for a non-luxury off road vehicle. A new BRONCO with boxy lines, a wide track, and low center of gravity (hummer-esque) with huge wheels and tires, no electric windows or carpet, and the PowerStroke option is a must. Removable hard top and hose-out-ablity with a $20K price tag ($25K with the Powerstroke).

I'd wait 3 years and buy one used.

[/quote]

I think he hit the nail on the head. But on one condition. It needs to be project that will be in direct competiton with GM's hummer. But they need to forget the recent bronco styles Late 70's, 80's, and 90's, and go with the early 70's style. If they could do that they would have a hit on thier hands> But I really doubt they are smart enought to pull something like that off.

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
They already did - it's called the Escape. I heard they were thinking of naming it the Bronco but they didn't. i'm not sure anyone would buy a modern Bronco - it's too much of a has-been (the big bronco and bronco IIs ruined it). I doubt they'll do it.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
::) ??? ::) ??? ::) ???

In my opinion, they should do a "Bronco Classic" and do it up take'n some q's from the land rover D-90... sence it's a ford product now ;)

Use the same lines as the 66-77's but jazz up the inside, give it a new but simple basic look, like that of the rover and HEEPs that and I'd give em the dual side sitting bench seats in back just like the D-90. The only thing I'd completely restyle would be the top... I'd have it look like the 79-94 tops... to tie them in as well.

Top it all off with cattle catchers, winch and con-fer racks and a $56,000 price tag and you'd have all the H2 customers clamering to buy em!!!

8)