• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new bronco owner who has a few questions

DuramaxC10

has anyone put brighter headlights on your early broncos and what seats have yall put in my stock ones suck

MattW

Yep, for brighter headlights you'll need a new headlight harness. Found here... http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-18095-extreme-headlight-harness-for-early-bronco.html

You can build this yourself, but electrical/wiring issues are one thing I have never understood so I just bought the pre made harness. Makes a huge difference!

As far as seats, most of the vendors sell seats that work very well. Also a lot of smaller to mid size car seats can be configured to fit in with little work. The main thing you have to look out for is the height of the seat. If it's too high you'll be sitting with your head in the roof.

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
if your a tall guy, the lower the seats are the better. I have problems seeing stoplights with the stock setup, so any higher than that can be an issue.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Bax taught me long ago to watch the traffic light in the reflection of the hood instead of craning your neck.....works the balls. I'm 6'5" and have used it for a while now, he IS good for something!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Bax taught me long ago to watch the traffic light in the reflection of the hood instead of craning your neck.....works the balls. I'm 6'5" and have used it for a while now, he IS good for something!

LOL, never thought of that.. Nice

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
You will want to get the relay kit for your H-4 lights. The lights will blink on and off if you don't. They are cheap and easy to install. I paid $29. I put in seats out of a BII (Ford not Bomber) and they worked out nice. I had to modify the mounts a little but now they are very low to the floor like you need them.

I tried the look in the hood trick but my hood's always to dirty.LOL

MattW

My hood, like the rest of my Bronco, lost its clear coat years ago. Maybe I can put a mirror on the inside of the dash that looks up?

:)

shonivey

I will second getting the front relay harness for the lights. the lights on my 72 are now brighter than my 07 F150 . and that is with sealed beam lights.
It is so dam*ed amazing to be able to see where I'm going now.

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
OP
OP
DuramaxC10

DuramaxC10

if your a tall guy, the lower the seats are the better. I have problems seeing stoplights with the stock setup, so any higher than that can be an issue.

i know what your saying i been driving mine for about 6 months and stoplights suck because i am 6'4 but i will try the hood trick after i give the truck a good bath
And i will post some pics in a few

OP
OP
DuramaxC10

DuramaxC10

6568_1140583807607_1617799524_353428_4013612_n.jpg

Here she is in her current state

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nice Bronco.

X2 on the headlight harness - makes a huge difference.

No offense intended here, and I'm sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but you are obviously a die-hard chevy guy (usename, avatar and sig) - why didn't you get a Blazer? Seriously and I'm not trying to put you down - 68-72 Blazers are good looking trucks. Why buy an EB with the intent of putting a chevy engine in it? Just curious.

OP
OP
DuramaxC10

DuramaxC10

Nice Bronco.

X2 on the headlight harness - makes a huge difference.

No offense intended here, and I'm sorry if this has been covered in another thread, but you are obviously a die-hard chevy guy (usename, avatar and sig) - why didn't you get a Blazer? Seriously and I'm not trying to put you down - 68-72 Blazers are good looking trucks. Why buy an EB with the intent of putting a chevy engine in it? Just curious.

the reason why i put it on there is because it was a cost effective motor at the time and the reason why i got this truck is me and my dad built it and i fell in love with it ;D

OP
OP
DuramaxC10

DuramaxC10

last question have any of yall put tool boxs or place were you can lock up stuff in your bronco

MattW

last question have any of yall put tool boxs or place were you can lock up stuff in your bronco

There was a Bronco on here that had some metal tool boxes mounted to the top of the inner fender wells. While creative I'd imagine it would be fairly noisy driving down the road with your tools bouncing around in there.