• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
The mod motors are huge guys.

The 4.6 mod motor and 5.0 Coyote are dimensionally huge. The 5.0 Coyote barely fits in our old steeds much less the confines of a newer slightly smaller SUV.

But the 2.7 and 3.0 liter turbo v6's will make more power than any stock eb V8 ever did.
Win--Win.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
This rendering looks sick!!

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-bronco-raptor-wont-have-the-engine-youre-expecting

715806.jpg

LSharpNM

The 4.6 mod motor and 5.0 Coyote are dimensionally huge. The 5.0 Coyote barely fits in our old steeds much less the confines of a newer slightly smaller SUV.

But the 2.7 and 3.0 liter turbo v6's will make more power than any stock eb V8 ever did.
Win--Win.

Make no mistake, the new Bronco will be significantly bigger than the original in every dimension. Have you seen a even a 2 door JK/JL parked next to a CJ7?

Jakedog

The pissing and moaning in this thread is something. Did anybody really think ford would build a freakin bronco with 44" tires, Dana 60's, 1000000:1 transfer case with a 500hp big block V8!!!? All I read is negativity! I guess it is 2020 after all!

Uhhhh...yeah.

OX1

Bronco Guru

Win--Win.

Ford was going to put 5.0 in Ranger Raptor before COVID. 302, 2bbl will have better throttle response than any EB.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's just funny looking at the pic, how Ford left this off the table for decades.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Buddy had a v8 raptor and the newer turbo. Says the turbo kicks the v8's butt, but does not sound quite right, he covers it with loud stereo.

eb-nutt1

The pissing and moaning in this thread is something. Did anybody really think ford would build a freakin bronco with 44" tires, Dana 60's, 1000000:1 transfer case with a 500hp big block V8!!!? All I read is negativity! I guess it is 2020 after all!

Well said!!

crawln68

Bronco Guru
It's really eye opening to me as I read through this post how intolerant a lot of people are today when someone has a different option than their own. Anyone with a different opinion immediately gets attacked and called names. Some people are going to like the new Bronco and some people aren't. Why isn't that okay? Why does everyone have to agree with you? Why isn't it okay for people to post their opinion? This just really baffles me.

Mike Hewett

It's really eye opening to me as I read through this post how intolerant a lot of people are today when someone has a different option than their own. Anyone with a different opinion immediately gets attacked and called names. Some people are going to like the new Bronco and some people aren't. Why isn't that okay? Why does everyone have to agree with you? Why isn't it okay for people to post their opinion? This just really baffles me.

It's ok for them to, I was just voicing mine as well! I just thought people would be more excited about the new bronco. Just surprised by the responses, but feel free to keep complaining I dont care!

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
I like those fenders much better than the jeepish flat flares on the recent “leaked” photos.

The flares need to look like the flares everyone installs on the EBs

I understand the pushback date

First covid and now riots and looting everywhere.

They won’t get two seconds airtime in the next month .

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
The flares need to look like the flares everyone installs on the EBs

I understand the pushback date

First covid and now riots and looting everywhere.

They won’t get two seconds airtime in the next month .
So will the Bronco community riot because of the new Bronco? Joking..... Don't get tore up.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

crawln68

Bronco Guru
It's ok for them to, I was just voicing mine as well! I just thought people would be more excited about the new bronco. Just surprised by the responses, but feel free to keep complaining I dont care!

Thank you for proving my point. I rest my case.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
I've said it before, the new Bronco won't live up to the standards of the 4x4 community. FoMoCo can't build mass produced vehicles for that population of people. They'd loose money. It's the same story for any newer model JEEP. Their base model JEEPS are bought then altered/modified to their liking.

That's what'll happen with the new BRONCO. They are building the Bronco for the masses. Yes, it'll have a lot of plastic and the engine will be small. Why? Because that's where the industry is right now. But, there will be plenty of vendors that will sell you aftermarket accessories. You can bet on that.

With that said, I can't wait for it to come out. Even if it has a 2.3L or plastic flares.

LSharpNM

Exactly. This is the reason I had to get off Bronco 6G. I wanted a Bronco that was a true Wrangler competitor with strong styling cues from the original, and capabilities off road that matched or exceeded the Wrangler's capability across the board. Instead, we are essentially getting a next-gen Everest with a removable top and a two door configuration. I am a bit bummed on the styling too; I don't hate it, but it is not getting me excited. I really wanted a solid front axle and a 5.0L in addition to timeless good looks, and those things are a deal breaker for me. Everyone on Bronco 6G told me I was being a negative Nancy and I should just shut up and like whatever Ford slaps the Bronco badge on %)

I have no interest in a SLA IFS that has zero design for an off road application. I could maybe look past the lack of a solid axle if it had a centered differential, portals, or was even TTB, but the Ranger front suspension isn't going to cut it for me on a Bronco.

It does however sound like Ford is going to offer it with a super cool granny 7 speed manual, which I like.

I understand the Ecoboost engines make great power and I have driven a few, but I personally would prefer the simplicity of a relatively large-displacement V8. I feel like a V8 is just as much a part of the Bronco's identity as it is the Mustang's, and this was pretty much a clean-sheet design, so I don't buy any excuses of why Ford couldn't offer it with a 5.0L.

If you like the new Bronco, great, but you don't need to get all pissy when others don't and act like people are being completely unreasonable for basically wanting a Wrangler with a V8 that looks like a Bronco.