• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

Jaxgtc

Finally a rendering that looks halfway decent! Kudos to the folks who came up with this one.

ArmyCOL

Good thing the doors are removable, they are hideous. Must have been some good drugs the designer was on when they designed the frame around the doors. Reminds me of the door the hobbit place on Lord of the Rings.

Nickp

That bronco is absolutely hideous. People don’t want to drive around a literal Tonka truck do they????

Luckily there is some good news here: a Bronco insider confirmed this render I’m posting as the most accurate render yet. Obviously some artistic license used(especially the spare) but a hell of a lot closer than that toaster.

aOeUhdO.jpg

Last edited:

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
The manufacturers answer to their all electric cars is they need to design them so that the batteries can be removed and replaced at dealerships and gas/ electric stations very easily and quickly so that you can keep going on your marry way without a recharge. You could recharge at your house but just swap out when on long runs. Just like the rc cars our kids play with. Dealers make a little on the recharged swap and Mr Green is happy cause he feels he's saving the earth.

Electric forklifts have done this for decades

Mikesimp70

Electric forklifts have done this for decades

Yes they have. I have 16 of them in my plant for last 22 years. Technology has improved over that time. The new ones (48V now) I just received are awesome. They work great. You would be amazed that most of our other plants are against them to the point where they wont even come to see them.

Options are opportunity charging in the floor or changing batteries at a crane station.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Yep, getting closer to acceptable. Still not a fan of the round wheel wells.

eb-nutt1

Concerning your electric forklifts, I have a fleet of 40, and expect to add about 20 more this coming year at the plant I do maintenance for. They have both fast charge stations and battery swap out. Proven fact in our application that the fast/opportunity charge cuts the battery life in half due to the amps pumped into them to recharge the battery in a quick manner...swap out batteries can last anywhere from 5-10 years, all according to battery maintenance, fast charging maybe 2 years before cells start dropping out...battery technology is quite to the level of the charging technology yet.

Mikesimp70

Concerning your electric forklifts, I have a fleet of 40, and expect to add about 20 more this coming year at the plant I do maintenance for. They have both fast charge stations and battery swap out. Proven fact in our application that the fast/opportunity charge cuts the battery life in half due to the amps pumped into them to recharge the battery in a quick manner...swap out batteries can last anywhere from 5-10 years, all according to battery maintenance, fast charging maybe 2 years before cells start dropping out...battery technology is quite to the level of the charging technology yet.

Exactly! My plant has the change station. Another plant put the fast chargers in the floor to save capital on the station and multiples of batteries. I have 3 for each lift on a 24/7 operation. Mine last 5 years, theirs lasted less than 2. Another key is to keep the battery water level up.

Nickp

That spare tire has gotta go. I don't care if it is on the inside or the outside, but put that thing upright!

I actually asked the creator to put it upright he said he will do that. It’s based on the Bronco R which has the tire mounted like this which is why he did that.

eb-nutt1

Watering the batteries is the life of them, the plant maintenance handles that, I repair what the operators tear up...they are looking at going lithium ion batteries next order, supposedly at minimum 6 years usage and never have to touch them.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Here’s the New Bronco and I like it!!

Well....Ford has followed the same path they used on the Gen 2 Raptors....by launching a “R” version prior to the release at Baja.

I like it and am anxious to see the production line and available options. It would be really awesome if they offered a “Baja” and/or “Raptor” version.

https://www.at.ford.com/en/homepage/news-and-clipsheet/news/2019/11/broncoR.html

Watch both video’s......second video goes into more details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=T33b__eRwRg&feature=emb_logo

Nothing Special

That thing is HUGE! When you see it pass the Rod Hall Bronco it looks so much bigger. It would hint that the new Bronco is going to be a remake of the '78 - '96 full size rather than the '66 - '77 version.