• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New bronco VIN problem/advice

Attac

Contributor
Matt
Above was a condensed version but yes It is a good Title for the vehicle.
That being said if a Title check comes back from another state saying that registration or taxes are owed on it then that would all have to be taken care of before a title could be issued. If a title shows in another persons name but not stolen and hasn't been recently registered then all you need is a bill of sale from whomever you bought it from. Unregistered older titled vehicles are kinda treated like abandoned vehicles here. The reason that these are easy to get titles on here in FL is the fact that when these were originally sold 50 yrs ago you would get a title and then you would go register it for tags yourself because a bunch of these were sold as farm vehicles in small towns where most didn't even get a registration or tag for them. Both of the ones I bought had never even been registered or tagged.
The easiest way to relate how these were handled here is to compare them to ATVs from 15yrs ago to today. Now all atvs have titles and if you ride on public land they have to be registered and stickered but years ago we got a bill of sale and road them in parks or offroad areas with nothing to show it was legally owned.
This again is not every condition that could arise because some states are more finicky but overall fl is easy to work with.
Chuck

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>>> Ken should stick with his beer drinking hobby instead of giving early bronco title & registration advice.....

OP
OP
BroncoB-rad

BroncoB-rad

Appreciate all the advice. What a pain this all is. I just wanted a bad ass looking truck and something fun to work on a bit. Hopefully all is resolved soon and I can enjoy the bronco!

67RT

Bronco Guru
In my state they issued a title after running frame VIN. But in here in MD they issue state VIN, not Bronco VIN. I don't care. It's not a hemi cuda, it's a bronco.. VIN means little.

Last edited: