• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Dash Control Lights Not Working

DeezNCSU

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I feel like this should be an easy problem to solve but for some reason I haven't been able to. I bought a set of the new LED dash control lights for my 75 that all of the vendors now sell. I hooked them up and turned my dash lights on and they don't light up. I pulled them out and hooked them straight to the battery and they work, so I know they aren't faulty. I replaced the 2A "instrument panel" cartridge fuse and still nothing. Checked the voltage at each plug that goes into the dash control lights and they read 600 mV, so basically nothing. The headlight switch is new and all other dash lights work. Any ideas on what I might be missing?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Check voltage at each side of the fuse (with the lights on). That fuse is after the dimmer. This will isolate it to half a circuit.

Another thing, try turning the bulbs around. I have some LED replacement bulbs that are polarity sensitive. I use the same basic bulb in landscaping lights. Wasn't happy when I changed from AC to DC on the power supply. Had to turn a bunch of bulbs around.

OP
OP
DeezNCSU

DeezNCSU

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
I messed with it more today and found a ground in the stock harness that was disconnected. I hooked it back up and they are working now.

I've only had this truck since April so I'm still finding things as I work through it. Thanks for the feedback.