• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Dipstick & Oil Capacity

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Haha - yup. I’ve been staring at this thing for an hour. Believe me- there’s nothing but RTV and a cork gasket holding it on.

I can literally hang from the dipstick tube with all my weight and it won’t even budge.

LOL. Sounds stuck. ;D

OP
OP
D

Dandesjar

Okay, I managed to get it off with a sharp putty knife.

Last question: I think I’m going to upgrade the dipstick to a Lokar flexible dipstick while I’m going through the trouble to fixing the gasket.
Is it worth doing the mod to the flange to get it to accept a thread-in dipstick or does the press-in dipstick work perfectly fine?
Has anyone had issues with the aftermarket press-in dipsticks leaking oil?

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Haha - yup. I’ve been staring at this thing for an hour. Believe me- there’s nothing but RTV and a cork gasket holding it on.

I can literally hang from the dipstick tube with all my weight and it won’t even budge.

HA! Makes me think of an HVAC unit on a roof we were replacing. With my electrical disconnected, and the lag bolts all removed, the only thing left was some type of sealant and the crane started lifting off the ground. When they pried under one corner it popped right up.