• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new flares

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
a couple weeks ago i had a friend come over and got the rear flares put on my bronco. now all we gotta do is get the front done. does the cut look ok to you guys? was a first for either of us. oh these are 33s also

Attachments

• rear flare2.jpg
    rear flare2.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 580
OP
OP
76 explorer

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
oops oh yeah they are the war flares ;D thanks for the kind words too. eventually i will be going with 35s for sure... but 36s may be a possibility too

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
looks good jeff, it was the first time for both of you hmmmmmm I will have to ask john about that. lol when are you all going to do the front? should be nice this weekend:eek:
Looks good though

OP
OP
76 explorer

76 explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
oklahoma city
sent him a email asking what his plans are for this weekend. hopefully i can con him into coming over by dangling some beer in front of his face....;D

DoughBoy

Loc.
Hemet, CA
And be careful when mounting the fronts, especially the bottom front corner that wraps underneath. The angle is funky and its easy for the tip to slide off the self tapper and mess up stuff... like the paint on your fender, or the thumb that is holding the flat surface of the flare against the fender... go ahead, ask me how I know.... theres nothing quite like the dull tip of a phillips head drill bit boring its way through your thumb nail at high rotational speed... the meat from under the nail sticking to the inner surfaces of the bit being an especially nice touch when you finally remove the bit from inside the skin, and as the bit slows down and you feel each corner of the bit slowly bumping the tip of the bone, you think... OW.. that really hurt. Of course the nice few streams of blood squirting out until it coagulates enough to slow to a steady dribble is kinda fun to watch & freak out your fellow workmates. Point being? Work safe & wear some gloves... just a hint from someone who did the same job a few weeks back.

Attachments

• ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 282

Bigbird

Are the holes for the rivits pre drilled or do you have to do that yourself? If you have to do them, got any tips on having even space between them?

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I istalled the Wareflares this week. They give you 25 screws per flare. I spaced the holes 2 1/2" apart and it worked out just right. I mounted 35x.14.5x15" Swampers with no lift to get the flares centered. It was almost like they were stuffed just sitting there:p . I ran the flares 1 3/4" from the body line and opened them as wide as I could since I'm trying to get away with a 5.5" lift and minimal bodylift. The front flares are tucked under the side marker about 1/2". When it gets painted all side markers are getting removed so I didn't trim the flare.

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
76'

You and I have the same model Bronco. Mine is still uncut, I changed the interior to black, added grill chrome and I didn't replace the stripe when I repainted (Old photo gallery, p.51 top). Well, I guess they were the same once, a long time ago!

tcjones76

jmms

Loc.
Suwanee,GA (N.E.of A
FYI
I put a set of warflares on the front and rear of my 76 EB and before I lifted the truck I could fit 36" tires on it at the stock height.
THESE FLARES ARE GREAT !!

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
jmms said:
FYI
I put a set of warflares on the front and rear of my 76 EB and before I lifted the truck I could fit 36" tires on it at the stock height.
THESE FLARES ARE GREAT !!

I would like to see a pic of that.