• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Forum Member and New Bronco Owner

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
I love the look of the rear fenders - I want to try that but it seems like a lot of body work to fab a front fender into the rear, plus having 4 fenders to work with. Great project.

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

To be honest that was probably the only thing the PO did to this that made something easier for me!

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

Got the points all figured out today and the carb tuned "right" or as best as I could and took my "puppy" for a ride, as you can see, she really likes the no windshield thing!!

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

Installed my "new" hardtop today, well sort of. Only 2 bolts along the windshield frame lined up??? Did different years have different bolt patterns in the hardtop/windshield frame?
DSC00143.jpg
DSC00145.jpg

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

I really lucked out finding a hardtop in such great shape. There are a couple of minor areas of rust starting that I will get on quickly. Thanks to Bax to being a great sport and letting me help him clean out his storage barn :), he is a great guy,,,,I have said before and it continues to be true that the people I have met on this site have been really great and very helpful to a newbie!!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Installed my "new" hardtop today, well sort of. Only 2 bolts along the windshield frame lined up??? Did different years have different bolt patterns in the hardtop/windshield frame?

In 69 Ford transitioned the vacuum wipers and folding windshied to elect wipers and stopped advertising the Bronco as having a folding windshield. You have an "early 69" which used up the carry-over parts from 66-68. The new top must be from a late 69 or later Bronco - and yes they did have different bolt patterns across the top due to the electric wiper configuration. Only the 2 outermost bolt holes line up - you need to drill the top to fit the early frame.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Good question - check with a vendor who sells them. My guess would be either the newer pattern or it could have BOTH patterns drilled. The soft top risers come with both patterns. However unless you really need to get a new frame, it would be much easier to drill the holes rather than replace the frame. Replacing the ws frame is a PITA. There are many (30-50?) spot welds holding the hinge to the frame and body. You will need to drill every one of them out!

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

Oh man,,,, the only reason I was even considering it is b/c at some point the hood blew up and very slightly tweeked the windshield frame,,,just slightly. I think I may be able to live with it for now. I guess I will start measuring and drilling!!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Truck looks good with a top on it. Glad it worked for you. You are in the transition years for the chance in bolt patterns over the windshield. No good way to drill them without taking it back off. Dont forget there is gaskets / seals that go on the bed rails and the windshield,

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

no I didnt forget. Actually they are still mounted on the top! I didnt bolt it down "for good' yet, just installed a couple to keep it from moving while I am fixing things..

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

2010-09-09-2224-12_edited.jpg

2010-09-09-2241-34_edited.jpg

How my "sickness began, I think this photo was 1977, you can see my dad's flat fender jeep in the background!
The first photo was a "stuck" my mom got us at Crystal Lake in Ohio!!

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

Well, dropped the tranny pan and metal shavings! Looks like a rebuild is in the future! Damn, there goes the bank! Don't tell my wife....

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

I made a typo it is actually a 69, but I found from other members an early 69 to be exact!

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

Well I tore down the Dana 44 and dropped off to the sandblaster....I picked it up today and painted it with POR 15, and their BlackCote...looks like new. I am really anxious to see if it holds up as well as they say
DSC00156.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

OP
OP
rbodine

rbodine

installed a 3 1/2 inch lift this weekend. Its starting to come together!!
DSC00393.jpg
[/IMG]