• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New garage air compressor ?

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
The bigger compressor you can get the better. I used to have a crappy 5HP Craftsman. When I built my garage I bought the same compressor as Blue71 did Model# 2475N7.5. It has ran 2 DA's and spray guns at a time with it cycling on and off and has also ran a sandblaster. I would at least get a 6HP twin piston 80 gallon compressor. You won't regret one minute going bigger with a compressor!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I just picked up a used 7 HP, 60 gallon Husky and I love it. Two comments that I think are worth repeating, CFM at 90 PSI is critical, the bigger the better. If you want an idea of what you need go shop your air tools before you buy and see what they require. And second, DO NOT GO OILESS! iT WILL DIE QUICK!

The Husky is a Campbell Hossfeld any way and there realy only a few makers out there today. The box store units like Home Depot and Lowes are only 3.2 peak HP (60 gallon) unless you get into the 2 stage with starter units (80 gallon) and then you are talking some serious voltage requirements and some real good CFM numbers.

Good Luck