• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Headers are finished!!!! Updated with pricing new pics 8-3-08

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Hooker fenderwell headers P/N 9814 are basically the same a little longer tubes though. they do have 1 5/8" primaries with a 3in collector. I've been using them for well over 25 years But I dont believe that hookers will clear shock hoops. If those headers were cheaper I consider them as my next set they look nice and I like the outside the frame headers.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Not sure is you had the spin techs before but you will like them... they are wicked for sure I really like mine. they produce a pretty unique sound that sounds awesome

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Were you running the spin techs at sob 2 years ago??? I remember really liking the sound of your exhaust.

Yeah I was and still am running a 2 into 1 Spin Tech. Back then I was running JD long tubes but now have switched to the BC headers.
First pic was my set up with the long tubes and the second and third are with the BC set up

Attachments

• Front Welded lr.jpg
    Front Welded lr.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 25
  • SpintechSS3.jpg
    SpintechSS3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 37
  • SpintechSSP1.jpg
    SpintechSSP1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 39

Go Tac

Loc.
Sparks
I am also interested in a set for my 351w. My 408 Stroker isn't installed yet, so i can't be the test dummy and get the good guy discount. bummer ;(

Thanks for the updates,

G :cool:

Dan76

They look great! Auburn is only like 15-20mins from me too! To bad I dont have a 351!

fordtrucks4ever

Bronco Guru
Loc.
DFW
I am really curious how it was determined the other headers were causing too much back pressure? If that were even remotely the case, the headers would have been glowing red all the time. Not to mention making the engine so hot it wouldnt run for crap. If you were currently using the motor regularly and already dyno'ed it, there is no way the headers had anything to do with causing too much back pressure. Now gasket surface not being flat and previous exhaust system not properly mounted will blow the gaskets all day long.

BTW, I have some ocean front property in Arizona, if someone is interested.

OP
OP
mountainview68

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
I am really curious how it was determined the other headers were causing too much back pressure? If that were even remotely the case, the headers would have been glowing red all the time. Not to mention making the engine so hot it wouldnt run for crap. If you were currently using the motor regularly and already dyno'ed it, there is no way the headers had anything to do with causing too much back pressure. Now gasket surface not being flat and previous exhaust system not properly mounted will blow the gaskets all day long.

BTW, I have some ocean front property in Arizona, if someone is interested.

????? Why do guys have to get on this site and preach there crap all day long with no information. As the mater of fact my headers where overheating. I burnt 2000 degree coating off of them twice in less than 500 miles. This bronco is not driven regularly. And yes the engine was running excessively hot. I also paid to have all header surfaces profesionally machined to ensure they were perfectly flat. So I guess you are right on a few points. As for your ocean front property maybe you can post that for sale on another site.

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
I think some of you guys are hanghing out on pirate4x4 alittle too much! I'm not sure why theres additude about your trying to sell a rather nice set of headers that for some with the right rig, will most likely work as advertised... If I had that much of a body lift and didn't mind cutting that much metal, I'd be in line to get a set... They seem pretty good to me and the price is pretty good for a 'custom' made header.

OP
OP
mountainview68

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
Keep in mind these are NOT my headers. The guy who built them for me is interested in marketing them and asked me to post here. I am benefiting from this in NO WAY AT ALL. As the matter of fact I had to pay for all the R and D for the next guy.

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
????? Why do guys have to get on this site and preach there crap all day long with no information. As the mater of fact my headers where overheating. I burnt 2000 degree coating off of them twice in less than 500 miles. This bronco is not driven regularly. And yes the engine was running excessively hot. I also paid to have all header surfaces profesionally machined to ensure they were perfectly flat. So I guess you are right on a few points. As for your ocean front property maybe you can post that for sale on another site.

Burn! ;D

OP
OP
mountainview68

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
So what ever happened with these headers? I want a set.

I got your PM. I have had them on for a while now and LOVE them. no leaks, sweat sound very much worth it. I know that he has a set built right now i think that they just need coated. I will see if I can come up with some pictures and maybe a video clip this weekend.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Can you take some more pics? Id like a better lighted view of them exiting the fenderwell and maybe from the engine bay view. Thanks.

OP
OP
mountainview68

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined

Attachments

• Drivers side header.jpg
    Drivers side header.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Drivers side header engine bay.jpg
    Drivers side header engine bay.jpg