• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New here

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
hello every one i am new here but not to the automotive life. I am a automotive tech at a GM, Chrysler dealer but i was raised in the world of ford. i just recently(last Friday) got my 1970 Bronco on the road after 6 years of sitting in my parents extra lot. i bought it when i was 13 as my first car but lost interest in it due to my young age, lucky my father keep it around because he knew it was worth it. well i am now 20 and i sold my focus for money to get it back on the road, and i did. the frame is rusty but good and the body has a lot of patches but she still drive great and i love it. but any way here are my build pics so far.
(here is the day i got it running back in august)
110_1527.jpg

110_1528.jpg

110_1529.jpg

110_1530.jpg

110_1531.jpg

110_1532.jpg

(here are some pics of it in my drive way last Saturday)
421_1547.jpg

421_1536.jpg

421_1538.jpg

421_1546.jpg

421_1539.jpg

421_1545.jpg

please enjoy

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
nice, welcome here, you are soon going to be an addict !! Dont cut the front fenders. Just add flares to the rear. I like the steering wheel. I just bought a brand new one just like it for my wifes bronco. that is really old school.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site. That looks like a great start to a fun project. Be sure to keep us posted on your progress.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Welcome and yes keep us posted!!I was 19 when I got my first Bronco and have not been without one sence,ps thats been a spell !!

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
welcome to the site.. odd that your windshield frame has the hold down latch seeing how that is a 70 bronco. not a bad think just thinking out loud.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
welcome to the site.. odd that your windshield frame has the hold down latch seeing how that is a 70 bronco. not a bad think just thinking out loud.

A 70 should have side marker lights also. May want to post the VIN so we can verify the year for you.

OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
Thank you every one for welcoming me i am very excited about being here
also you guys state that its a early year then 70 i am new to telling years but i will let you know the front fenders and front grille are newer. they had been put on just before i bought it years ago but the rear quarts do have holes were the markers should have been. for the windshield thing i have no clue. the title says its a 1970 but who knows how right that is.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
One early door,one later door also that speedo is early.

OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
just wondering how can you tell about the speedo(just curious) i know it has two different doors on it. the drivers door is the factory one and the passengers door is the newer one i think. if you look close at the pics you can see the door locks are in a different place

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yep on the speedo where the white line for 70mph to 100mph

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Look on the frame on the top passenger side about where the starter is and you should see the VIN. That will tell us what year it really is. It is very common that an old vehicle would have parts from different years, It's not a bad thing but you probably need to know. It will make getting the right replacement parts easier.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
And some (I forget alot) have the other white dashes on the out side of mph no.'s

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Someone wen't to alot of trouble to repost that door as to just get another door of that year.And looks like that top is newer also.