• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New here

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
hey guys i got the vin off the title last night and here it is
U14GLE90463

Looks like that VIN is for a 1969 Half Cab bronco with a 302 V8 made in March of 69.

You need to check and make sure that VIN matches the VIN on the frame.

OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
Looks like that VIN is for a 1969 Half Cab bronco with a 302 V8 made in March of 69.

You need to check and make sure that VIN matches the VIN on the frame.

well do the half cabs come with 10x2 inch brakes in the rear? because thats what i have and also there is no vin on the frame by the starter?

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Welcome and good job getting it running. Nice to see another Michigan guy on here. Houghton Lake is a great area. Close to West Branch for the sweet winter wheeling season coming up.

Henry

OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
Welcome and good job getting it running. Nice to see another Michigan guy on here. Houghton Lake is a great area. Close to West Branch for the sweet winter wheeling season coming up.

Henry

yep i just moved into town i grew up and lived in St. Helen were every one comes to ride. i know those trail better then most :)

OP
OP
jdmustang82

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
as for the vin i found the glove box door and that plate matches the title and the full vin is
U14GLE90463 092 B U140 3 92 c 18 35
so if i decoded it right it is a 1969 half cab, built in March with the 3 Speed manual, 302, Gold in color, and has 3.50 gears in the rear axle? and is from Lansing MI?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
well do the half cabs come with 10x2 inch brakes in the rear? because thats what i have and also there is no vin on the frame by the starter?

It's on the top side of the frame OR most are, and very hard to find and read.Yrs. of dirt , rust , oil etc Clean off well with a small wire brush.Some even had 3rd one thats futher back towards the rear on pass. side.