• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New innovate ideas for broncos??

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
Any one have any??? I am always looking for good stuff. I dont care if it totally fabed or uses some exsiting stuff. Any one??? Pics are good too. Thanks

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sure, but nowadays we all have visions of turning them into the "next big thing" so are hesitant to mention them. Even if we've been thinking about them for the last twenty years!

Paul

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I got lots of intavative mods on mine, both tatally fabed and existing stuff.

(sorry, couldn't resist ;D )

Dusty

70bucks

Loc.
Valley Center SOCAL
Now that I understand intavative I'll chime in with one. I used rubber engine isolation wounts that have a piece of steel vulcanized to each end. ( About 1.25" dia x 1.25 inch tall) to tie the roll cage to the windshield. Stops the windshield from flopping when not running the hard top, and allows for some flex. parts totsl 5.00 +-.

Joe

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
cbfomoco said:
Any one have any??? I am always looking for good stuff. I dont care if it totally fabed or uses some exsiting stuff. Any one??? Pics are good too. Thanks

Heres one I have been thinking about you may want to think about this before considering (major money)

Get a beater EB
Find a Ford Ranger 4x4 pickup that has the small engine.
Find a J**p Cherokee (older model) that has the NP242 TC
Find a Allison 6 speed automatic. This may be difficult
Follow where I am going?

Rebuild the EB. Install the 4 cylinder EFI motor from the Ranger pickup. Install the automatic to the 4 cylinder and make them agree with each other.
Install the 242 T/C to the above.

What you get is a EB with fuel efficiency and the wide gear ratio transfer case and the wide ratio transmission.
It should be lighter than a stock EB
It should rock crawl like crazy.
It will climb like a home sick angel.
It will suck in the mud! (Not that I care)

TOFIC

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
My idea would be something like the old "saturn" overdrive that you can get for the dana 18 tcase. That way those of us that want to keep our np435/dont want to swap in a modern tranny can get an overdrive and not have to modify crossmembers and not have to have an insane driveshaft angle.

70bucks

Loc.
Valley Center SOCAL
cbfomoco said:
ok i can not spell but will try and change it. Sorry

Just saw this. I wasn't poking fun as my fingers don't exactly find the right keys either. The title had me stumped, and when I opened up the thread there wasn't enough info for my simple little mind to figure it out. Are you getting any ideas like you wanted?

Joe

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
that is ok. I know i can not spell let alone type. but yeh they are kind of comming. keep posting them thought. I dont care to much just want some ideas. Thanks all

texaswildcat98

Loc.
Wichita, KS
cbfomoco said:

Are you just looking for Bronco items that aren't currently being remanufactured or just items that were creatively constructed to resolve a problem???

I don't have any, but I am curious about the dash knobs used to secure the windshield... there has to be a cheaper way with a similar look... not just bolts... I think I know a way but need measurements of one... I guess here I am just talking price...

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
texaswildcat98 said:
Are you just looking for Bronco items that aren't currently being remanufactured or just items that were creatively constructed to resolve a problem???

Like to resolve a problem or cheep simple up grades. juat about any thing that you think is orginal that kind of thing. Creative ways to mount stuff, exc. Thanks

4x4x289

i wish someone sold an inner fender panel, hdpe or something, that prevented buildup of mud, snow, and ice under the body and off seams that are prone to rusting. Mount it to the fender flare and bottom of fender/qtr, and to the three flats of the exisiting inner fenders. Make a mold that pushes up that is trimmed to fit the position of the flares. Not cheap and easy, and maybe not what you are asking here, but man I really want something like that. Its been on my mind for 20 years.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Here are a few pretty simple and inexpensive mods Michael has done to our Bronco.

First pic is of the inner tube anti rattle pad, free if you have access to old tubes.

Second pic is of the genuine Tupper-Ware remote reservoir, about five bucks including hose and clamps.

Third pic is of the 75,000 candle power interior light which can be used as a flash light too, about a hundred bucks.

Attachments

• IM000656.jpg
    IM000656.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 175
  • remote3.jpg
    remote3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 144

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
the light is a good idea too. i have a bright ass Streamlight with similar clamp style charger. i may have to put mine in as well. ;D