• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new LUBR on the road!

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Well, after two years, I finally went for it and put a 2.5" lift kit on the Bronco. I was torn between leaving it stock or putting the lift on. I really felt that it would look better with the lift so I did it.

I love it. Looks great. Even the soft top looks better. When it wasn't lifted, the soft top looked out of proporsion.

Next step is the 30x9.5" tires.

While doing the lift, I replaced all the bushings and all the steering components. Rides really nice.

I have a vibration now, which I'm sure is the pinion angle. Also, I'll need to install an adjustable drag link. front end is off by about an inch to the left which is affecting my turn radius when turning right. Little stuff.

Attachments

• bronco lifted 4.jpg
    bronco lifted 4.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 158
  • bronco all 4's.jpg
    bronco all 4's.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 143
  • bronco lifted 1.jpg
    bronco lifted 1.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 196

MattW

I really like this Bronco. I've said it before, I'm not usually a fan of all black, but this one just looks great. Get a set of 30" or 31" on there and it will look even better.

soms007

nice rig ... 2.5 " suspension lift on my list of things to be done.
looks good.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Looks great, better without the caps IMHO. Whose lift did you use? I have the same amount of lift planned for mine but didn't think the drag link would affect a 2" lift but good to know as an adjustable one has been added to my ever growing parts list.....

OP
OP
muskrat

muskrat

Bronco Guru
I ordered the lift from Wild Horses. I purchased the new 11 leaf rear springs also. My rear springs were shot so I couldn't go with a add a leaf. It rides really nice. I was surprised how much better the ride was.

I talked to a ton of folks about a 2.5" lift. Some needed a new drive shaft. Some needed an adjustable drag link. Some needed both and some folks needed nothing at all.

Not quite sure why some would need this and that and some wouldn't, but I guess that is the way it goes.

Thanks for the compliments.

OP
OP
muskrat

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Thanks jadamach1. You and I PM'd back and forth when I was kicking around the lift. I really liked the look of yours. It was one of the pics that pushed me over to the LUBR side.

jdamach1

Loc.
Tyler, Texas
Thanks jadamach1. You and I PM'd back and forth when I was kicking around the lift. I really liked the look of yours. It was one of the pics that pushed me over to the LUBR side.

Yes, I remember talking to you about the lift. Again, that is one sweet rig. ;D