• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Mirrors cant find??

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Looking to replace my mirrors on my 69 sport and cant find the ones that everyone is running. They are aftermarket kind of horseshoe shaped aluminum brakets with the mirror mounted on top. These are only about 5 inches from top of horseshoe bracket to bottom? (small) Sorry for the inept description but best I could do.

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Mirrors Cant Find

jason77 said:
Try linking to a pic of what you are talking about.

Jason, I have no idea how to do that. I went into the Gallery and a number of the Bronco's them. Thanks!!

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
You mean these?

Attachments

• img_0080.jpg
    img_0080.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 331
OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Mirrors, Cant find Them

admin said:
You mean these?
Admin you are great! I am a PC novice.....Thank You! This is it ONLY difference being that the mounting bracket is rounder at the bend and the distance from the top to bottom is shorter. The bottom of the bracket mounts to the door at the "ledge" of the curved portion of the top of the door. The distance is just about 5 inches between the top and bottom bracket. Thats why I have been having a hard time locating it. The one pictured (Thanks to you) is from a F150
Now my challange will be to get someone to respond. Thanks Much!! When's the next issue?

Dawg_enD

Mine look very similar and came off a Ford truck. Many of them used those mirrors in the 90's and, I believe, farther back.

This may sound dumb... but make sure your wing windows will clear the mounts. I had the body shop that was painting my rig mount them and they didn't. >(

-Dawg

Last edited:

66horse

Bronco Guru
I have a pair of what I think you are looking for. Let meknow if you are interested.

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Mirrors Cant Find

66horse said:
I have a pair of what I think you are looking for. Let meknow if you are interested.

66 Horse, I would be very interested. looking at the thread Admin provided all the mirrors with pics are to big. The distance between top and bottom brackets is just 5" & Both top/bottom mount to the door on curved top side of door. Can you send me a pic??
Thanks for taking the interest to respond! 66H

66horse

Bronco Guru
OK, Ill dig them out in the next day or two and take some pictures. Have a little patience with me though as I am studying for the last of my law school finals...

And broncosport you got second dibs.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
69 Early, just how much "rounder" is the bracket of the ones you mean? I'm just curious to get more details. The one pictured is the Ford type and can either be had from a Ford (obviously) or from CIPA in the aftermarket. The other company that has made that type for years is Delbar and I think they are still available. That's what I have on mine. The brackets are a little rounder, but not much. The mirror heads are just a tad more squared off around the edges, though still rectangular in profile. And the "feet" are a little more universal.
BUT, the brackets ARE close to what you say, I think. They measure about 5 1/2" at the pivots, but the actual arm is taller at 7" from top arm to bottom arm.
Don't know if that's what you're looking for but thought I'd throw it in there.
You might look at the CIPA website (if they have one) to see what they offer.

Paul

toque

Loc.
Surrey, BC
I have a set of similar mirrors that I bought from AutoKrafters for my 66 Bronco, but then I found a set of used 66 mirrors that I'm going to use instead. So if someone wants the new (unused) Autokrafter ones let me know. I can get pictures if you want. I think I paid $30 for them and they're stainless.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
toque said:
I have a set of similar mirrors that I bought from AutoKrafters for my 66 Bronco, but then I found a set of used 66 mirrors that I'm going to use instead. So if someone wants the new (unused) Autokrafter ones let me know. I can get pictures if you want. I think I paid $30 for them and they're stainless.

toque, I'd like to see a couple of pics.

Thanks!
Bronco Sport

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
DirtDonk said:
69 Early, just how much "rounder" is the bracket of the ones you mean? I'm just curious to get more details. The one pictured is the Ford type and can either be had from a Ford (obviously) or from CIPA in the aftermarket. The other company that has made that type for years is Delbar and I think they are still available. That's what I have on mine. The brackets are a little rounder, but not much. The mirror heads are just a tad more squared off around the edges, though still rectangular in profile. And the "feet" are a little more universal.
BUT, the brackets ARE close to what you say, I think. They measure about 5 1/2" at the pivots, but the actual arm is taller at 7" from top arm to bottom arm.
Don't know if that's what you're looking for but thought I'd throw it in there.
You might look at the CIPA website (if they have one) to see what they offer.

Paul

Paul thanks so much for the post. I actualy exchanged several email and they were really goof to work with. They stocked only the F150 OEM which the arm ran right at 7" Unfortunately the arm on mine run 5" top to bottom. What a pain!! I will def try delbar's web site and see what they have. Thanks to all my bronco Brothers responding I may actually track these suckers down!!

66horse

Bronco Guru
Dug mine out, they are way to big for what you are looking for. Like 9 inches.

Sorry,
Steve

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
69Early said:
Paul thanks so much for the post. I actualy exchanged several email and they were really goof to work with. They stocked only the F150 OEM which the arm ran right at 7" Unfortunately the arm on mine run 5" top to bottom. What a pain!! I will def try delbar's web site and see what they have. Thanks to all my bronco Brothers responding I may actually track these suckers down!!
That was CIPPA that I exchanged the emmails with, again really good to work with very accomodating!

OP
OP

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
toque said:

Torque, can you send me a couple of picks as well. need ones with 5" span from top to bottom of arm? Thanks Much!