• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Paint!!! Finally *Updated Progress 4 JUN*

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
. I assume the weatherstripping is attached to the frame with rivets? Both towards the front and the back, correct?

Originally there were these little white plastic rivet-esque deals that held the weather stripping in place. One of my hard tops came with a few attached. However, I've used the weatherstrip adhesive from any old parts store with great results.

HigginsHorse

Awesome color!!! Looking Good. I'll be painting my in a month or two and it should be pretty close. Hope mine turns out as nice too.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
That looks great! I was looking at the "in between" pictures thinking to myself, "that sure looks like the rig owned by the guy on NorCalBroncos who gave me advice on painting my crate motor", then I noticed that it was you...

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
That looks great! I was looking at the "in between" pictures thinking to myself, "that sure looks like the rig owned by the guy on NorCalBroncos who gave me advice on painting my crate motor", then I noticed that it was you...

That's me;D You, of course, did the smart thing and painted the engine BEFORE installing. I got too excited then realized what I had done.%)

I have been silently watching your build on NorCal site. That orange sure is bright and looks good. bet you can't wait to get it on the road. I'll keep watching while I am gone.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
That is one nice bronco! It looks great, and everything looks like it was supposed to be there. The chasis looks really clean, and the motor looks real nice sittin in there

luvmybroncoman

Loc.
Fort Devens
I tried all the links on that web page for the mirrors and they don't work. I too am interested in those mirrors.
Rig looks great, let me know if you ever come up with any custom soft tops for your doors. I have the BC Bronco doors on mine I just havn't gotten around to fabricating any soft tops but it's on the ta do list.

Last edited:

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Beautiful Bronco ... you can't go wrong with any shade of orange ;)

Makes me wish I had a streetable one again :cool:

howiebilt

TN1776

Bronco Guru
That's me;D You, of course, did the smart thing and painted the engine BEFORE installing. I got too excited then realized what I had done.%)

I have been silently watching your build on NorCal site. That orange sure is bright and looks good. bet you can't wait to get it on the road. I'll keep watching while I am gone.

Thanks man! You're right I can't wait to get mine rolling again. Its been far too long - I tore it apart last Thanksgiving and that's when the project started snowballing. I'm really hoping to have the thing streetable this spring and I may hit a couple of easier trails by the end of the summer 2008. My ambition outweighs my funding at the moment, but I'm getting there.

Imagator

Loc.
Land O' Lakes, FL
Man that came out nice. I almost choose that exact color. I narrowed my choices down to Sunset Orange Metallic and Silverstone Grey Metallic, flipped a coin and went with the Silverstone Grey. I almost wish I wouldnt have looked at yours, it's making me second guess my choice all over again! Im really glad you are happy with the results, it does look GREAT and you waited a long time so congrats man! Now, ain't ya glad you didnt sell it!

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Man that came out nice. I almost choose that exact color. I narrowed my choices down to Sunset Orange Metallic and Silverstone Grey Metallic, flipped a coin and went with the Silverstone Grey. I almost wish I wouldnt have looked at yours, it's making me second guess my choice all over again! Im really glad you are happy with the results, it does look GREAT and you waited a long time so congrats man! Now, ain't ya glad you didnt sell it!

I was wondering if you would see this since I know you liked the gunmetal color before.

Where are the pics of yours?

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Got some more work done on it today. Got out of work alittle early as we are all packed up and ready to go so we are just waiting on the bird.

Did little things. Installed the Bronco emblems (those little plastic nuts are a ball buster). Installed my modified Cherokee wipers and hooked up my fuel pressure guage. I have it installed in the back of the Proflow hood. It is the fluid filled mechanical guage. Had to get the adapter for the fuel rail that replaces the schrader valve (1/16 NPT - 4AN).

I had also been experiencing some starting issues. I alsways had to prime the fuel pump 3-4 times and then the engine always seemed sluggish. I broke down and pulled out the MSD HP pump that I previously had and replaced it with the E2000 HP pump. I of course hooked the electrical up backwards which caused the creation of a new language but I was able to research my error on CB.com and fixed it. Pump primed the rails right away and it starts first try now and the engine is MUCH more responsive and running better.

Got to spend tomorrow finishing up the remaining little things, clean and organize the garage and then throw the cover on the Bronco.

Wheels up on Saturday night. much happier that I got the paint done before leaving.

Items to do when I get back:

Tan Linex on interior
Mastercraft or PRP suspension seat in tan
4.56 gears and lockers
Switch to explorer rear disk brakes
front driveshaft%)
Slot mags with 35s
Custom dash with matching Autometer gauges (start with BCB's new dash when they finally release it)

Keep up with all the great tech and chat on here. I will be able to participate from the sandbox. Got to watch all those winter projects people are commenting on in the other thread.

Attachments

• Bronco emblem.jpg
    Bronco emblem.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 231
  • windshield wipers.jpg
    windshield wipers.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Fuel pressure guage.jpg
    Fuel pressure guage.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 491