• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Paint!!! Finally *Updated Progress 4 JUN*

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
*UPDATE*

Finished the interior. Went with the Elite Seats from ProCar. Fit perfect, are comfortable and the color is a nice match for the new paint. Spent alot of time with sound deadener. Used Dynamat to line the inside floors, firewall, side panels, doors. HUGE difference in how solid the truck sounds. No tin can sounds and no rattles. Put in an Ipod compatable stereo in the Tuffy console and Infinity 6 1/2s in the rear quarter panels. Rear quarter panels are the old aluminum diamond plate ones that I had but I got them lined with tan beadliner.

Got the 4.56 ARB 31 spline third installed along with the new 31 spline axles.

Put in a chip by JMR to get all the SEFI parts running well together. Big difference in idle quality and gained a bit of power. Runs real smooth now.

Slots are on with one for the spare. 35" BFG KM2s. Even have a classic 1970 vintage NC plate that the law here allows us to run.

Still chasing down a hot engine issue but think I will have it sorted out tomorrow by "burping" the system, replacing the thermostat with a new 195* one and installing a coolant recovery. More to follow on that.

Enjoy the pics. Got to pack up next week for my move to Ft Lewis, WA. Start the drive on Wednesday next week. Working on finding a reputable shipping company to ship the Bronco in an enclosed carrier.

Attachments

• Bronco final.jpg
    Bronco final.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 813
  • Bronco final6.jpg
    Bronco final6.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 639
  • Bronco final5.jpg
    Bronco final5.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 675
  • Bronco final4.jpg
    Bronco final4.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 688
  • Bronco final3.jpg
    Bronco final3.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 695
  • Bronco final2.jpg
    Bronco final2.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 711
  • Bronco final1.jpg
    Bronco final1.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 750

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey 70, that is one good looking rig, 2x on the enclosed trailer, check with Nick @ nickstrix, he's on here and in NC and knows some haulers!!!

Good Luck!!!

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Looks awesome

I have a idea for you, I will trade broncos, ship mine out west and yours up here. That way you won't have to worry about transportating all the way accross the country, hehe

And just think a new project to restore, after all isn't that half the fun %)

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Looks awesome

I have a idea for you, I will trade broncos, ship mine out west and yours up here. That way you won't have to worry about transportating all the way accross the country, hehe

And just think a new project to restore, after all isn't that half the fun %)

Ahh, but you have a much nicer Bronco than I and it would be unfair to have you make do with a lesser vehicle:cool:

Thanks for the comments.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
bill, looks fantastic. job well done sir.

my carrier has a single enclosed that he uses for special loads. might want to get hold of him to see if you two can work something out. i saw him the other week when he was delivering one here. he said he was about to use it to haul a freshly restored mb gullwing.

SMS auto transport
434 283 2062

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Nick, thanks. You have been a great help and friend for the past few years on this long project of mine. I very much enjoyed visiting, seeing your various projects and picking your brain. High quality and the inspiration to do the job right the first time.

I will give him a hollar. Still don't have a hard date to move the truck (based on when the house sells) but I start my drive next week.

Good luck in your business and I will continue to watch the builds here and on your new, high speed website.

Bill

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Looks awesome! Now pop the hood and show off that sweet EFI setup!

OP
OP
70EB

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Looks awesome! Now pop the hood and show off that sweet EFI setup!

Here you go. Came out a little blurry due to the nightime garage shots.

Attachments

• Engine.JPG
    Engine.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Engine1.JPG
    Engine1.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 229
  • Engine2.JPG
    Engine2.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 213

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Very nice looking bronco !!

I have time, I could drive it to Ft. Lewis for you ;D

My daughter will be in Ft. Lewis on Monday on her way to the sandbox.

howiebilt

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
Very nice indeed. I've always enjoyed watching the progress on your rig.

If Nick's guy doesn't work out for the transport, I used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) for an enclosed carrier when I shipped mine out from CA. I've also used them a few other times with open trailers for my other vehicles and have not been disappointed yet.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
bill, it's been my pleasure. thanks for the compliments & support.
i appreciate all you do for our country. your dedication is top shelf.
be good, be safe my friend.