• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEW PICS!-2nd Annual MEB Wrench & Roast

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It’s that time of year again! Time for the 2nd annual MEB Wrench & Roast!

Last year’s inaugural event went great and lots of members pitched in to help Allen Fahey get his project the kick start it needed! After nearly 10 years in the garage, Allen actually took his rig to the Roundup last month!

This year we will be helping get Rich Phillips’ (MEB’s very own Webmaster) rig back on the road! This rig was purchased new by Rich’s parents and has been a source of many great memories as Rich grew up, so it will be great to see this Bronco back on the road so the newest generation of Phillips’ can start building some memories with it as well!

I’d like to encourage all MEB members who would like to come out and lend a hand to come out and participate this year!

Now that I've got one of these under my belt and know what to expect, I'd like to open this up to all Bronco enthusiasts who would like to come and check out a different type of MEB event and get to meet some of our great members! Right now it looks like we will be having a special guest driving in (and bringing his Bronco) all he way from Seattle to attend! So unless someone comes in from HI, it might be hard to get the long distance award!

This year’s W&R will be held on July 25-26 at my shop in Dover, PA. There are several local hotels in York and anyone who wants to bring their RV or tent camp in my yard is welcome to do so. There should be plenty of room for everyone. The main work day will start at 9AM on Saturday, but we may have some work to finish up on Sunday as well.

MEB will be providing lunch and dinner on Saturday and Bill McFann has again agreed to be the designated Roast-master and will be bringing his 28+ years of pig roasting experience (and his very own pig spit this year) on the road to Dover to feed the crew the Pig Roast dinner!

I’ll be coordinating the Wrenching end of things and helping make sure we have the people, parts and tools we need to get the job done! As part of this, I’d like everyone who plans to attend to send me an email at drew@earlybroncos.com and let me know if you have a particular area of expertise or interest and I will try to assign you to those tasks. If you have no particular preference and are willing to help wherever needed, please indicate that as well. Also, if you do not feel you are much of a mechanic but just want to watch and learn from some of the many experienced members, that is great as well! We welcome all of you to come out and help, learn, or just cheer us on! I’m sure we can find some way for everyone to help, weather it is grabbing some tools, sweeping up, or maybe making a parts run for a last minute item we need!

Below I have included a general outline of what we plan to accomplish for Rich. Please look this over and then send me an email if you would like to head up a specific group of tasks (i.e. Fuel & Cooling), or if you’d be able to help out with some of these items.

With enough members help, I’m sure MEB can come though for Rich like we did for Allen last year! I’m looking forward to another great weekend with lots of great Bronco folks helping another (and some really good food too!).

Once again, please let me know if you can attend and where you can help (and if you will have your wife/kids with you so we can plan the food). BTW, Hershey Park, Harley Davidson (final assembly plant and museum), Gettysburg (Battlefield and shopping outlets), Lancaster (Amish Country, water park and more shopping outlets) are close by if the wives/kids might want to make a day trip or an extended weekend getaway out of it.

I look forward to another great turnout and a fun weekend!

Drew

Suspension
Install Wild Horses 2.5" suspension kit

Brakes
Install Wild Horses delux disc brake conversion kit
Install new hard lines along axles and frame
Install power booster

Electrical
Install Centech wiring harness, headlight relay and fuse block
Install New Instrument Cluster and speedo cable
Install dash and plastic glovebox liner

Fuel & Cooling
Fuel lines from tanks to pump
Install new Fuel Line Valve (Aux/Main)
Install new heater hoses
Install aux tank with new sender and hose

Steering
Assemble Pump and Pulley and install with new hoses
Remove Broken Bolt in body for column mount
Install new steering column with new rag joint and lower shaft
Install New Steering Wheel

Body/interior
Install heater box with new core
Install roll bar
Recover and install seats
Install windshield with new gasket

Transmission
Drop trans and install new throwout bearing

Last edited:

ransil

Bronco Guru
Can I reserve camp site #1 ( the one to the right of the garage with the 30 amp plug) or is it first come??

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Of course I'll be there! I'll bring the horseshoe we found in the rock pile to pass onto Rich

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Randy,

Sorry, but a reservation for that spot has already been taken by our special guest from Seattle! He is bringing a 38-40' gooseneck camper/toyhauler with his EB in it, so it will be easiest to spot him there.

I will probably try to move a few of the project/parts vehicles from the back end where I have the other RV hookup panel. If not, we can pull you in along the back side between my 4 car trailer and the woods and we can run an extension around to the other panel.

If any of you have pics from last year, post some in this thread. I will have to look on my PC at home to find some tonight.

We should get some pics of Rich's project on here as well.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Of course I'll be there! I'll bring the horseshoe we found in the rock pile to pass onto Rich

Ahh, yes, the lucky horseshoe! :cool:

That was quite befitting that we found that in my rockpile when we got your rig out their under its own power for its first test drive! ;D

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Here are a few pictures from last year.

Attachments

• P1040112.jpg
    P1040112.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 53
  • P1040114.jpg
    P1040114.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 45
  • P1040115.jpg
    P1040115.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 65
  • P1040118.jpg
    P1040118.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 59
  • P1040121.jpg
    P1040121.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 43
  • P1040123.jpg
    P1040123.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 61
  • P1040132.jpg
    P1040132.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 50

Bronco Biff

Contributor
er uh, I might be a little slow, but uh didn't June 25 09 go by? Oh...Typo in title there Drew......I got that weekend presumpshisley (is that a word?) scheduled for a girls state softball tourney, so if they fail to meet the task I may wind up with that weekend open. I could know tonight. Couldn't help but preplanning disassembly and reassembly ides in my head as I read the list. Looks like big fun to me!!

Whad'ya think tidewater boys, overnighter? Got some space in the Bronco Hauler for a couple and it can run on Solar if all the plugs are taken!!

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
er uh, I might be a little slow, but uh didn't June 25 09 go by? Oh...Typo in title there Drew......I got that weekend presumpshisley (is that a word?) scheduled for a girls state softball tourney, so if they fail to meet the task I may wind up with that weekend open. I could know tonight. Couldn't help but preplanning disassembly and reassembly ides in my head as I read the list. Looks like big fun to me!!

Whad'ya think tidewater boys, overnighter? Got some space in the Bronco Hauler for a couple and it can run on Solar if all the plugs are taken!!

Oops! At least I got one of the other "J" months! ;D

Yeah, if your schedule frees up, bring the crew on up! Did I mention that McFann cooks a damn good pig!

It's lip smackin good! :p :p :p :p ;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, save me an RV spot too. I have a nice long extension cord...

Biff - come on up, its a great weekend and lots of work gets done...of course, at the end of the day lots of beverages get consumed too. The pig is awesome, Bill definitely has that down to a science. We'd love to see the Tidewater crew again!

Anybody with an open date on Saturday July 25 should come by, its worth the trip and the end result will be amazing, just like it was last year for Allen.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Sorry I am going to miss it this year - actually it will free up an RV spot so maybe a good thing?! ;D

It was a great time time last year - just watching Kevin weld was worth the trip! Great food and great folks to hang out with. I recommend it highly to anyone who can make it.

Show up this year and then get your rig nominated for the "monster garage" treatment next year.

cesco

yet another MEB event that I can not make it to. what a bummer!!!

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
yet another MEB event that I can not make it to. what a bummer!!!

Damn Brian, you're batting 1000 on the W&R!

We'll send some pig back with your brother again for ya!

Next year...NO EXCUSES! :-X ;)

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I am going to TRY to make this event....Bill, you takin the buggy? We'll see, I'm on another motorcycle venture with my sidekick. We'll be leavin the Island tomorrow early am, a job in DC, then on to martinsburg, WV for a day, then off to another job near morgantown, WV, to Pittsburgh for the nickelback show, then to Elkins, WV to visit kids for a day, then another job In Lynchburg VA. I was planning to head back to the Island from there, but forgot the W&R was that weekend, so I'll try to make it up Saturday. would be nice to be eligible....I guess there is that minute chance my rig won't be done by this time next year.....:x

cesco

Damn Brian, you're batting 1000 on the W&R!

We'll send some pig back with your brother again for ya!

Next year...NO EXCUSES! :-X ;)

I am committed to helping out on a local 4 wheeler poker run and it is the last saturday of July every year...

I hope there is some of the pig left over to send back with my brother;) IT WAS AWESOME LAST YEAR!!!!!