• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEW PICS!-2nd Annual MEB Wrench & Roast

cesco

He is probably going to reclaim all his parts back off of Steve's rig while he is gone. ;D

nah, I'm just going to take it out and beat it, pay back for all the times he used mine;D ;D ;D ;D

OX1

Bronco Guru
Found out I'm off the hook for the picnic I thought I had to go to, so I'll be there................ ;D

chris

No more Rock Crawler
There was talk of wheeling on Monday after the W & R at Rausch Creek with our "Special Guest" from Cali. Where do we stand on that and is anyone else interested?

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
There was talk of wheeling on Monday after the W & R at Rausch Creek with our "Special Guest" from Cali. Where do we stand on that and is anyone else interested?

Lou might, will have to ask again. Monday is likely out for Bill. Friday or Sunday is better for him.

I'll be busy on Friday getting things ready and on Sunday finishing and cleaning up so I'm out then. Not sure if I can take a third day off or not (took off Thursday and Friday to get things ready).

BTW, our special guest wrencher is from Seattle, not Cali. He should be leaving tomorrow to start the trek out east!

Got the pig on order this AM. Got a 125 pounder, so come hungry!

Also, as a result of another CB thread, it looks like we will be having a showing of the Crazy Horse build up projected on a big screen by the campfire.

cesco

alright now you have me thinkin... I would be up for a Monday ride at rausch. hopefully I have mine back together by then but if not I just happen to know someone that has one ready to go...:cool:

chris

No more Rock Crawler
I have a CRAP load of stuff going on at work right now, looks like Sunday would be the only day I could go wheeling right now.

How is the guy who "lit" the fire last year? Is he still alive?

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I spoke with Lou tonight and he's interested in wheeling but will need to check his work schedule to see if he can fit it in on a Friday or Monday.

Brian and Chris, check with Lou. Bill Moore is also good for Friday late AM or Sunday. Brian, is your Poker run also on Sunday? If not, it looks like that may be the best day for everyone (except me, but none are really good for me that weekend).

Our special guest (Chris Hockett from the PNW Bronco Horde crew) again confirmed today that all plans are a go and he should be pulling out of Seattle early in Thursday to start across to PA for next Friday. He's stopping in Pittsburgh to vist a friend on the 23rd, so I assume he will be in at my place Thursday night or Friday AM so he could wheel Friday, Sunday or Monday.

Allen & Chris, as for the fire to cook the corn, yes, I will handle that this year! The guy who lit it and nearly did the flaming MJ Pepsi immitation is Bobby. He's a local customer and now friend who I have been helping work on his rig as we both get time. He should be there again this year and I told him I'd handle the fire lighting this time! He's really cool guy, I felt bad he got scorched and has to roll out before dinner last year cause the pain! :(

Note to anyone who did not know better...When lighting a large fire with gas, make a trail of gas about 15-20 feet back and light the trail. DO NOT reach down and light the large fuel covered pile that has large amounts of fumes that have been evaporating in 100 degree heat! :eek:

Luckily he just got his hair, eybrows and beard singed and a bit of a burn on his nose and lips! Not fun I'm sure, but it healed pretty quick.

cesco

Drew the poker run I am helping with is saturday, I will be helping them set it up on friday and then cleaning up the trails on sunday. and of course we are throwing a big bash at the end of the day on saturday so my chances of getting up early sunday are slim to none...

Oh yeah, the part about lighting the fire you wrote, I laughed out loud.. been there done that!!!

Sporto

This is shaping up to look like a great time! All of this is coming at me so fast! I am moving in to my new house this weekend and then the W&R next weekend! I have everything separated for the event in boxes ready to go! I am really looking forward to getting my rig running for the first time since 06. I can still hear Randy saying..."never disable it when you're working on it" well I did not listen and I have been pushing around 3K lb rollerskate for the past three years. I even moved it from western PA to eastern PA in the process! So needless to say this event is going to help me realize my Bronco Project!

A little history...this rig has been in the family since new, my father bought it in Lansdale, PA in 1970 and it had been a mainstay in the Souderton, PA area for 20 or years. I have had it apart (not to this extent) several times over the years. Did some powerline trail 4wheeling with it, nothing too harsh, and basically drove it as a daily driver until 2006. I took it with me on my active duty tour to OK and NC, and then when I moved to Pittsburgh had it there for ten years. Now I moved back to Eastern PA and here where are. So needless to say it is part of the family!

I also have to say Randy Silbaugh has been keeping me honest (and broke) because I have a tendancy to cut corners...without his advice and whip cracking we would not have it where it is now. There is a lot of new metal in that rig and this W&R is perfect for the stage of the project!

I will be out there on Friday morning, and I look forward to meeting many of you.

Rich

I have tons of pix from the last 40 years, however my scanner is packed and I cannot scan, but I will bring to the event. Including the original bill of sale!

cesco

I also have to say Randy Silbaugh has been keeping me honest (and broke) because I have a tendancy to cut corners...without his advice and whip cracking we would not have it where it is now.

maybe he should do as he speaks!!;D

it's a long story, ask him about it:cool:

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I real good at spending everyone's money , just not mine ;D

That's an understatement!

Is that why you're the club treasurer? So you can write checks to feel like you are spending money, but not cost you anything? ;D

ransil

Bronco Guru
That's an understatement!

Is that why you're the club treasurer? So you can write checks to feel like you are spending money, but not cost you anything? ;D

I treat the club funds as if they were mine.

Did you get 3 quotes on that pig before buying??
Make sure you fill out the proper paper work for reimbursement.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I treat the club funds as if they were mine.

Did you get 3 quotes on that pig before buying??
Make sure you fill out the proper paper work for reimbursement.

I know you shop around for the best deal, but you actually *spend* club money! ;D

I went with the same butcher we used last year. But last year I checked with 5 or 6 since I had never gone whole hog before! ;)

Yeah, yeah, I'll dig out the official club expense form this time when I submit my receipts!%)

cesco

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!

you telling Drew to make sure the proper paper work is filled out... you know he has to have everything written out before the work can begin